I have compaq presario c767tu laptop with windows xp sp3 installed on it. actually i have reinstalled the windows a couple of times. on previous occassion after the reinstallation of windows and of the audio driver it worked but after the last installation it is not working. i have the following audio driver for it
Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221. now i dont know what to do. Kindly fix my problem. my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I guess not. Drivers for compaq presario 5000/8000, are not the same as those for a compaq presario 2175us laptop. Now, actually that "notebook" looks to me rather outdated. You won't lose anything by trying. Worst case, format hard drive and install Windows XP SP3. Try to search internet for missing drivers.
1. Upgrade Service Pack 2 to SP3, can be downloaded from Microsoft website http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe
2. Download and Install MS UAA - Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio - KB835221.exe
3. Download and install the latest IDT drivers - HP IDT High Definition
Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.6087.0 Rev.B from
1) you had vista, you wanted xp for whatever reason. you are doing a fresh install using the service pack 3 disk. there is hardware combatiblity issues and must stay with vista. this is becoming more common with the life of xp coming to an end.
2) you had xp and are reinstalling and hardware has failed.
3) you had service pack 2 or before and are updating your service pack and there is some issue with hardware or software.