Brother HL 2070N Drum Unit changed but printing with dots on the left hand side
I have changed the drum unit and toner in the printer and the drum unit light remains on and pages are being printed with dots on the left hand side. Is this the drum unit that is faulty, or is there something I can do to remedy it?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: Brother HL 2070N Drum Unit changed but printing with...
1\ if the dots is repeated in equally length vertically, that means the problem is from drum.
2\ if it scuttered dots that means the printer dirty by toner , try to clean it .
Hope this helpful for you,
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you printing is just faint, need to replace toner, but if your printing is faint and blurry, need to add grease to the fuser film roller, need advanced skills for that, disassemble the fuser unit take out the fuser film and put some special high temp grease on the heating element, assembly all back and install, the other way is replacing the fuser unit
This printer also has a drum unit. If the marks are appearing at regular intervals down the page (2-3 inches apart) it is almost certainly the drum unit at fault. The drum unit can easily and cheaply replaced.
The printer drum (photoconductor) is part of the toner unit.
There is a button on the left side of the printer.
Push the button. The front will open up.
The drum unit and toner can be pulled out.
Remove the toner unit from the drum.
Install the toner unit into the new drum unit.
push the whole unit back into the printer.
1. Open the front cover of the printer and remove the drum/toner unit.
2. Gently wipe the scanner window with a soft dry cloth. The scanner window is located on the roof of the inside of the printer.
3. On the top of the drum unit, locate the blue tab on the left side. Slide it back and forth across the drum about 30 times.
4. Remove the toner cartridge (TN430 or TN460) from the drum unit (DR400). To remove the toner from the drum: hold down the blue lever on the right side of the drum (DR400) and lift the toner (TN430 or TN460) off of the drum unit.
5. Inside the drum unit (DR400) there is a green roller. Wipe the green drum roller with a dry tissue (i.e. Kleenex). You may turn this roller by moving the gears on the far left side.
6. If the pages area gray pages or have gray vertical lines, install a brand new toner cartridge. If pages have dots, spots, smudges or horizontal lines, install a brand new drum unit. OR If you are still experiencing gray pages or gray vertical lines, please install a brand new toner cartridge (TN430 or TN460).
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum unitsand/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
If I have helped please rate my post...I will always do my best to help