Question about Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Only some water goes in pot rest stays in filter brand newgift
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Overflow of carafe
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. Ensure you are using the correct grind for an automatic drip coffee maker, neither too fine nor too course. (See instruction manual and/or do an Internet search for tips.)
3. Do not overfill with water. Use the carafe to pour water into the reservoir, and the lines on the side of the indicator window as your guide. This is because a "cup" in coffee terms is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz. Therefore, a 12-cup machine may make as few as nine 8 oz mugs of coffee.
4. Make sure the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve feature, if applicable, isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. It is vitally important to clean your machine with vinegar or as instructed by your user manual at least three times per year and monthly if under heavy use in a hard-water area. A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket as the water runs through the grinds.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2015 | Cuisinart Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Apr 21, 2015 | Cuisinart Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Jul 20, 2014 | Mr. Coffee Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Feb 04, 2014 | Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Sep 30, 2013 | Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Jul 10, 2012 | Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-Cup Coffee Maker
May 15, 2011 | Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Feb 11, 2011 | Waring Pro 12-Cup Coffeemaker
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!