Question about Computers & Internet
I was hoping to consult on you regarding a Network Security issue. Should this be acceptable, I tried adding you up in Yahoo Messenger.
Many thanks in advance.
I don't user IM since the earlier days of ICQ and beta testing was over.
As to network security I may be of help but I cannot guarantee that.
I'm in GMT-7 so I'm pretty exhausted and about to get some sleep. Can this wait until later for a response from me? You can go ahead and ask me what you have but you won't get a message for at least 8-10 hours.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2013 | Hawking Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Range Extender...
Aug 04, 2013 | NetGear WN2000RPT Repeater
WN2000RPT Setup Instructions
since I purchased a refurbished Netgear WN2000RPT it didn't come up with setup
instructions but once I emailed support they quickly responded with the info
below and it worked immediately.
Do this setup and your Netgear
WN2000RPT range extender will work:
1. With the help of a paper clip, press the reset button on the back of the extender for 20 seconds (please refer to the label on the bottom of the extender for reset button location). Release the reset button after 20 seconds and turn off the extender. Turn the extender on after few seconds.
2. Connect the extender to the computer with an Ethernet cable. Make sure that there is no connection between your router and the computer either wired or wireless. (I did this part by turning off the antenna to my laptop)**I went to the Network and Sharing Center and on the left click on "Change Adapter Settings" after that right click on your Wireless Network Connection and choose "Disable". Don't forget to re-enable when you're done.
3. Open a browser to start the Smart Wizard. **I had to use Internet Explorer and compatibility mode
4. Please select your Preferred Language and click on continue.
5. Let the Extender detect the list of networks available in the locality.
6. Select your network and note down the security assigned for your network and click on continue
7. Type in the security key for your network,please note that if you have WPA security assigned on your network type the network key in passphrase box and if you have WEP security setup on your network type in the network key in the Key1 box and click on continue. **I've read elsewhere NOT to use WEP security with this extender.
this one carefully)
8. Assign a name for the Extender as per your choice, also make sure that option "Use the Same security and passphrase as those for the existing network" is checked and then click on continue. **Under the step #3 Configure Extender I had to right click and refresh because there was no "continue" button!
9. Let the smart wizard establish the connection. On the next screen Click on the button "I have connected to the extender network" and click on continue.
10. Now click on the finish button to close the page.
11. It should ask you to save the page as bookmark, please save the page for future use.
12. Now open a new browser and check if you are online. (turn your antenna back on)**Re-enable your Wireless Network Connection.
13. You can now unplug the Ethernet cable from the extender and scan for the SSID of the extender and connect to it using the same network key as for you existing router.
most important part of the Netgear WN2000RPT setup is that you should NOT just
plug it in and use the setup wizard. The setup does not make it clear what you
should do when you get to the page with Key 1, Key 2, Key 3 & Key 4. If you
follow the directions above which I got by emailing to ask about Netgear
WN2000RPT setup then it will work the first time without any problem at all.
Just read the Netgear WN2000RPT setup instructions above carefully first and
then go through the step by step setup instructions slowly, one at a time and
be sure you do exactly what it says. If you follow the directions above you
will find that you can do your Netgear WN2000RPT setup without any problem at
more help? Don't call me! I only know that this worked for me and it was super
easy to follow the directions. I don't work for Netgear and I'm not really a
own a Florida ad agency.
Feb 11, 2012 | NetGear WN2000RPT Repeater
Dec 09, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander (WRE54G)
Mar 25, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Range Extender...
Dec 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2007 | D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G710 Wireless Range...
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!