Question about Refrigerators
I have turned the temp control to the warmest setting (almost off) and it is still too cold, Thanks a lot Everything else works fine. Thanks a lot for the help
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like a defrost problem. Check to see if
there is any frost buildup in the back wall of the freezer. If so, it is not
defrosting as it should.
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
the problem is the PTC Starter I disconected on the compressor and disassemble clean it and put them back together I researching were I can find the part, also I going to call Magic Chef to see I can get the part from them.
Please be sure you unplug the power before you do any repair on the Wine Cellar.
Posted on Oct 11, 2008
I got mine in 2005. It stopped working 4 or 5 weeks ago. It made a clicking noise and the compressor was very hot. Compressor is under warranty but appliance repair shop wanted $125 to install it and another $75 to charge it with freon. I saw a posting somewhere else that said it was a relay switch. I ordered one from RepairClinic.com for $24.00 incl. shipping, put it in and it's working now. There's a black plastic housing on the left side of the compressor. Just unscrew that, pop the cover off (that was a little tricky) and plug in the new part. Maybe I'll get another 3 years out of it.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
The e3/e4 problem is the "connectors" for the fans to the middle separator shelf are put in the pathway of condensation. This causes them to get wet and rust. PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to attempt this fix, you take full responsibility for your fridge and the outcome. If you don’t think you can do this…DON’T! Call a licensed electrician. Here is how I resolved my e3 issue: 1) Unplug the fridge
2) Remove all wine and the metal shelves
3) Remove the 2 screws from the middle separator shelf, one on each side on top
4) Remove the 4 screws from the backboard, one in each corner
5) Slide out the middle shelf slowly, on the right hand side towards the front of the shelf there will be 4 connectors you must disconnect before removing the shelf (they are tucked into the shelf). With one hand on the backboard and one on the shelf, slowly take them out together
6) Once you have the backboard and shelf out, you'll see there is a black and white connector, each having a red and black wire on each side
7) These are the fan connectors that are causing the issue. Mine were brown/green and damp (not good for electricity)
8) Using wire cutters, cut as close as possible to the "black" connector on each side to remove it. You will have 4 wires left, 2 from the backboard and two from the shelf (both having a red and black)
9) Take some of the sheath (cover) off of each wire
10) Take the red wire from the backboard and the red wire from the shelf and twist the metal portion together
11) Cover w/ electrical tape!!! Or you will have the same e3/e4 issue
12) Repeat step 10 and 11 for the black wires
13) Move onto the "white" connector and repeat steps 8 - 12
14) Put the backboard and shelf back in the fridge. Be careful not to pull the backboard and shelf apart or your connection may come apart
15) As you slide the shelf in, make sure the wires you disconnected in step 5 are in the "channel" on the side of the shelf or the shelf won't slide properly.
16) Reattached the 4 connectors and then re-attach the backboard and the shelf with the screws
17) Plug the fridge back in
18) Put the metal shelves and wine back in"
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2013 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Jun 27, 2012 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Aug 26, 2011 | Magic Chef Refrigerators
Sep 08, 2010 | Magic Chef Refrigerators
Aug 10, 2010 | Magic Chef CTB1821AR Top Freezer...
Aug 10, 2010 | Magic Chef (CSD2610KRW) Top Freezer...
Nov 27, 2009 | Frigidaire FRS266ZDSB Side by Side...
Jul 27, 2009 | Magic Chef (CSD2610KRW) Top Freezer...
Jul 09, 2009 | Magic Chef CTB1821AR Top Freezer...
Jun 14, 2009 | Magic Chef CTB1821AR Top Freezer...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!