Question about Delta Plumbing
I have a delta shower valve model number T17030 na I need to know how to remove the handle to repair the valve
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Shut off the water.
2. Remove Plastic rough-in spacer. It's black and it's only there for roughing in, and so the tilers don't come too close.
3. Unscrew silver retaining nut - should only be hand tight. Remove and discard grey cap that was being held is place by nut. Remove and discard plastic stopper inside faucet.
4. Take grey plastic disk off of cartridge and DO NOT THROW AWAY. Adjust gearing/splines to hottest temp by rotating plastic insert. Reinstall plastic disk.
5. Install cartridge with HOT lettering to LEFT. Secure with Silver Nut.
6. Slide large O-Ring over silver nut.
7. Install trim plate using long phillips(star) screws provided (2)
8. Slide Plastic spacer (looks like a snowflake) into chrome trim (cylinder) and slide cylinder over Silver Nut.
9. Install handle by tightening allen screw until it engages firmly with cartridge.
Changing Existing Trim:
As Above Except Old Trim Must Be Removed First. Cartridges Are Specific To Certain Trims. Even More So If Installation Is Over 3 Years Old. 3 Years Ago, Delta Went To The "Universal Rough-In" Which Made Things A Little Easier Because The Appropriate Cartidge Now Comes With The Appropriate Trim.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2013 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
May 15, 2011 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Apr 02, 2011 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Jan 29, 2011 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
May 09, 2010 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Apr 16, 2010 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Feb 02, 2010 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Oct 27, 2009 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Sep 08, 2009 | Delta Plumbing
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!