Hi,Thanks for using fixya,
Remove the battery, and unplug the A/C adapter and hold down the power button, for 40 seconds.Soon your laptop will reset,and run well.Now you will install all the accessories and start.
If the problem is same please restore it ,
System Restore WIN XP
Backing up-System Protection and System Restore in Windows 7
Windows XP System Restore Is Easy to Use
Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur
Using System Restore in XP - How-To Geek
System Restore in Windows 7
If the problem is same
Restore factorry setting.
For instruction follow the linkhttp://www.pcrecoverydisks.com/toshiba/toshiba-system-restore-vista/
For XP press o (Zerro)and start laptop until start restore option
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. follow the link
7) Click Next to Start recovery.
I hope you find this step by step solution helpful for you. If so, rate it up.For VISTA Pres f-8 start laptop until start restore option
RESET TOSHIBA TO FACTORY SETTINGS WITH BUILT IN BACK UP FILES
1Save your files first to an external memory storage like a memory stick or whatever u may have, plug in your laptop to the ac outlet.then....
2)Shut down your computer turn it on. then immediately press f8 repeatedly until it brings you directly to "advanced boot option".If you see the Windows Logo like "Windows Vista", you need to turn off your computer again and repeat pressing f8 simultaneously until you see the "advanced boot option" menu
4)Under "advanced boot option", highlight the option "repair your computer" and press "enter".
5)System recovery option menu will show up, select country and keyboard layout then press next.
6Then there is the option to log in as a local user so you can access recovery option,enter your password.
7)After that the "system recovery option" will show up and show these options
a)start up repair
c)window pc complete restore
d)windows memory diagnostic tool
f) toshiba recovery wizard
8) Select "toshiba recovery wizard"
9) There will be a warning that "all files will be lost are you sure you want to continue?" Go on click whatever confirmation message u see.Al files wil be rewritten so there is nothing to worry .From there just go with the flow until recovery has finished.Your computer may restart automatically, thats normal. Hope u find this useful.Cheers
Hope this helps you.
Thanks for using fixya,