Blinking "disc" error
1) Your disc may be bad: scratches on surface, the surface maybe dirty, the disc is maybe bended,...
Try with other discs, if the error occurs see next steps. If not, the initial disc was bad, but don't throw away, you may be able to clean it.
2) The Laser-optics in your Walkman can also suffer:
- open your Walkman as if you would load a disk; look inside and you will see a little lens inside: clean it by using a ear-cleaner ( little stick with cotton on one or both ends). First dip the cotton end in some pure natural alcohol ( ethyl) and wipe very carefully over the little lens surface
3) The drive-mechanism of the Laser may also be cause; the only thing you can do on the field; the little lens ( see 2 ) normally should be near the end of a channel which you can recognize as the cut-out of the plastic . While reading a CD the lens moves thru this channel.
You can try to push very softly this lens towards the nearest end
of the channel. It often helps.
4) The Laser can be to its end of life; you can ask to change the
opto-electrical mechanism, but I'm afraid it will cost you nearly
as much as a new player; if you can buy a second hand might be even cheaper.
Important for the future:
- don't write with markers on discs; these texts release small quantities of fumes on laser-lenses
- smokers pollute also with nicotine-fumes their lenses and discs
Hope you can get nice music ASAP; let us know
Nov 01, 2006 |
Sony Walkman D-EJ100 Personal CD Player