- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Some printer software that detect ink levels won't recognize a cartridge that's been refilled. They treat the cartridge as empty although you've filled them with ink. You can try removing the HP software that pertains to the printing functions only (not the scanner abilities). You can also do a Power reset. Remove the printer cartridges, turn off the power, remove both the Power cord and USB cord (if applicable) for 10 minutes. After reconnecting the USB and power cords, install the cartridges as you normally would. The printer should treat them as new.
- Remove the cartridge that is not working. - look for a lint free cloth "coffee filter" then dump w/ water- clean the copper contacts of the cartridge- make sure that the air vent is open; if not pinch it a bit- remove all the cartridges- check if there are are inks spills- use lint free cloth to clean the part where you are have trouble with- install the inks again- run alignment and clean cartridges on the panel if still nothing works, call HP tech support and ask for replacement of the ink. note: they will do the same steps again for troubleshooting and documentations.the reason why this happens:- that the copper contact does not touch each other- cartridge air vent is sealed- not an orig HP ink- Print head problem, needs cleaning
Remove the Cartridge. Clean the Electrical ( golden ) contacts using lint free cloth. Clean the Contacts inside the Cartridge slot. Put then back in the Printer and follow the instructions on the Printer Screen. If this does not resolve.. Contact HP Support if you are using Genuine HP Cartridge for more Help.
1.check the tri color remove it from the printer then use clean cloth to clean the mess on memory chip like dust.
2. put it back into printer then try a sample page to print
3. if still don't work re-instal the software to refresh all cartridges u replace
Are you using a factory new ink cartridge?
Then your ink cartridges are replaceable under the product warranty.
If you are using a refilled or third party cartridge that may well be your problem.Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges.
They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead.
50% or stronger isopropyl works well as a solvent, 91% dries very quickly. Try cleaning both the contact-film surface of the ink cartridge and the print-head (carriage, actually) in the printer with a lint-free cloth or swab and solvent (swabs reach to the carriage contacts better) CAREFULLY. Clean the print head on the cartridge itself by pressing straight on, not rubbing back and forth, with a lint-free cloth and solvent. Use the HP print head cleaner program first, then check alignment with HP's program, then print a test page. Is this not exactly what the help file on maintenance tells you?
when the printer shows cartridge error that means.
1)the cartridges r either faulty .it can be 1 out of 2 cartridges or may be both the cartridges faulty.if this is the case replace the cartridges.
2)it could also be the case that cartridge is not fitted properly if this the case remove the cartridge and reinsert them properly.
3)it could also happen if there is dirt on the printer and cartridge circuit.if this is the caee remove the cartridges and clean both the printer and cartridge circuit.and then reinsert and check.