Question about Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Fuse keep blowing up

My microwave started blowing fuse as soon as you start the microwave. I removed the fuse and just coneted the black wire. when started, it make very starnge noise. Please let me know what might be wrong. all other function works fine except heating.

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 878 Answers
Re: Fuse keep blowing up

Aside from Garydales excellent advice here a couple of things to look for. Check your door switches, you have a primary, secondary and monitor switch on the door latch system. Another would be the capacitor. If it is bad it will blow the fuse. If the strange noise your hearing is a loud -rrrrrrrrr- it more than likley could be your capacitor and diode. Your magnetron should be covered under warranty for 5 years, part only. This is very high voltage in there,be back.

Posted on Aug 30, 2006

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 15 Answers
Re: Fuse keep blowing up

You have a short in the system. removeing the fuse was not a good thing to do. The fuse in a microwave helps keep the system from an overload which can and I have seen this blow-up. The micro pump inside might have a dead short it,

Posted on Aug 30, 2006

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer


Sorry to read about your problem, I hope this helps you out.

you have a defective control board

I tried to help you. Please help me and Rate/Vote on my response, thanks and good luck

Dec 25, 2010 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fuse keeps burning out when replaced. When the microwave is turned on, the fuse burns out immediately

If it blows as soon as you hit the "Start"pad to cook, it has a shorted high voltage capacitor.

May 23, 2010 | Danby DMW139 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave blows fuse in microwave mode grill function ok

It is most likely the capacitor has shorted or the rectifier has shorted. Check with ohmeter, but make sure it is discharged first by shorting the capacitor with a wire.

May 21, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Emerson Microwave Model # MWG9111SL keeps blowing fuses..

You have a shorted high voltage capacitor.

Here is a link you or someone you know can use to test it, but please read the safety info:

For more help from Emerson visit here or get help using your appliance at 1-800-898-9020. Get help locating a servicer or parts at 1-800-695-0098.

Emerson parts are distributed by Fox International and their number is 800-321-6993. Or you might try e-mailing

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Nov 24, 2008 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave keeps blowing fuse

If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 19, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp R-9H66C Microwave Convection blowing fuses

check high voltage transformer and high voltage diodes, condencer, and magnetron.,

Oct 27, 2007 | Sharp R-963 Convection/Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave troubleshooting...

My GE spacesaver microwave all of a sudden stopped heating up things. The lights, fan, turntable, etc. work, but nothing is heating up. Any suggestions?

Oct 23, 2007 | Whirlpool GH8155XM Microwave Oven

4 Answers

Fuses keep blowing out

In case it's still helpful, I'll inject a little sanity into the replies.

If the fuse blows as soon as you hit Start, it's probably a shorted high-voltage capacitor. That's usually economical to repair.

If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit Start, it's probably a shorting high-voltage transformer. That's usually not economical to repair.

It's not radiation (non-ionizing RF by the way) that's the hazard, it's the voltages.

Apr 08, 2007 | Sharp R-1405 / R-140 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Replace fuse

The fuse is generally located on the bottom of the chassis of the microwave. You have to remove the outer cover on a counter top model - or the front panel assembly on an over-the-range model. There are several reasons why it may blow. If the fuse is loose in the holder, the fuse and the holder should both be replaced. If - with the microwave disconnected from the wall - you can easily turn the fuse with your fingers while it's in the holder, then it's too loose. What happens is the loose connection generates too much heat, causing it to melt internally. If so, you'll usually see a ball of solder at a point where the cap meets the body of the fuse. If the fuse blows as soon as you plug the oven in the wall, or when you open the door, the problem is likely with the door switches. You can find my files "doorsw.txt" and "safety'txt" via Google. They give you the safety warnings and cover the diagnosis and replacement of the door switches. If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor. If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer. If you still have a problem, please wirte back with more detail. Be safe!

Oct 14, 2006 | Sharp R-310CW 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

5 Answers

Microwave not works

WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Apr 01, 2006 | Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven Logo

370 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8793 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

6993 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides