Question about HP LaserJet 3330MFP All-In-One Printer

1 Answer

Fuser - Fixing film sleeve

I have a HP Laserjet 3330 MFP and just found out the "Fuser-Fixing film sleeve is broken. I checked the Precision Roller site and they do carry this part @USD35.00, because I am not a technician, so I wonder if I could get if done by DIY. I called HP service department few days ago for service of my printer, but the HP staff told me there is a fee of CAD50.00 to identify the problem and would be waived if I choose to fix my printer. But my concern is, I could not get the CAD50.00 back if they quote me CAD300 to fix it. Rgds, Edwin

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 12 Answers

Replacing the fixing film is a complicated process. Replacing the entire fuser assembly is much simpler, though more costly. I suggest you try finding a refurbished one on Ebay, and have a technitian install it for you. The total cost should still be well under 300.

Posted on Feb 28, 2007


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I have HP Laserjet M1005 printer. I have a paper jam problem at exit and bottam paper fold at fuser. pls solv my problem. thanx

Check for any obstructions inside the fuser, could be something stuck or could be the fuser film has worn out. If so you can replace just the film or the entire fuser. Should sort your problem out

Jul 14, 2016 | HP LaserJet M1005 Printer

1 Answer

Clear a paper jam on 3330

When you say "release it from around the roller", do you mean that the page looks like it is wrapped around the roller? If so then the fuser will possibly need replaced. Depending on how skilled you are you could try removing the fuser and disassembling it to remove the paper but it may not be possible. if you decide to try be careful not to tear the "roller". It is actually a fixing film, a thin mylar type product with a nonstick surface. It is easy to damage it and then you would have to replace the fuser for sure.

Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at

Jan 04, 2013 | HP LaserJet 3330 All-In-One Printer

1 Answer

HP3330....machine is adding a wide black streak about 3 inches wide down the center of printed pages. Is this something I can fix ?

Check the fuser for the problem, look at rear of printer and open access door to fuser, look at gray plastic film if film broken replace fuser, if film has black mark replace fuser. Note replacing fuser NOT considered a user replaceable item.

Feb 22, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3330 All-In-One Printer

1 Answer

Paper jammed.sheet stuck approx 9cms out at top.

The problem is the fuser. Lower pressure roller is damaged. Possible wear and fuser fixing film.
can change throughout the whole fuser

RM1-0661-040 ---- HP LJ1010 220V Fuser Assembly
RM1-0660 ---FUSER - 120 Volt Fuser Assembly

or parts of this
FUSER - Lower Pressure Roller :  RF0-1002
FUSER - Fixing Film Replacement Sleeve : for hp 1010

good luck

Dec 13, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1010 Printer

1 Answer

I have a problem with the roller just before the paper is printed out. Sometimes flakey pieces of the roller are chipped off and sent out along with the paper. Do you know how to fix this or where to...

doesn't sound like a roller ... it's probably the fuser film sleeve. google for a sleeve .... or a (refurbished) fuser unit. if you've never replaced a film, that is the better choice.

Sep 24, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1012 Printer

1 Answer

HP Laserjet 1300 Broken roller (grey drum) in back of printer

Not worth fixing. That's your fuser sleeve. Printer can be replaced for about $100 these days.

Mar 29, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1300 Printer

1 Answer

Bad fuser Laserjet 3380

is u 3380 fuser fixing film ok...if ok try to change presure below fixing can take out the fixing firm or presure roller.just check the size only.if same u can combine it.
2.try to clean paper pick roller at 3380 printer..

Nov 11, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3380 All-In-One Printer

5 Answers

3500 n printer

You can get the Fixing Film Sleeve changed you dont have to change the whole fuser assembly

ban_fuserfilmsleeves.jpg HP LaserJet 3500 Fuser Sleeve Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
HP LaserJet 3500 Fuser Sleeve - (Fixing Film Sleeve) $59.95Contact :

cb_transparent_l.gifus.gifspace.gifspace.gifarrow.gifspace.gifspace.gifspace.gifspace.gifspace.gifspace.gifspace.gif800-551-1943cb_transparent_r.gif Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:00 CST

Sep 11, 2008 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP LaserJet 3330MFP All-In-One Printer Logo

227 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

mukhtar21 shaikh
mukhtar21 shaikh

Level 3 Expert

2022 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18425 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides