Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
When trying to access the internet without the Ethernet cable, the internet is unresponsive. My computer is able to identify the connection and appears to connect successfully. I am also able to access the internet when plugged straight into the router. I can't get in touch with Virgin media as for some reason they want a security answer which to our knowledge has never been set up.
Please login to your browser via 192.168.1.1 and change the wireless channel to either 1 or 11.
also if your wifi encryption is set to WEP please change it to WPA2 or WPA.
Posted on Feb 23, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you can connect directly to your virgin Media Broadband and get internet then your laptop and broadband router is fine.
The wireless router appears not to have a DNS entry and you will need to add that manually.
I suggest that you connect directly to the Broadband modem, be sure you can get onto the internet. Once you have confirmed you can get onto the internet you need to get the dns information from your Broadband modem for later.
once connected directly to the broadband modem, click start>run> then type "CMD" then click open. you will get a prompt type the following and record the DNS Server ip addresses.
"ipconfig /all" then hit enter
this will display your ipaddress information but mostly you need the DNS server ip addresses.
once you have recorded them rerun the install, but this time instead of at the end of the install where it shows the Wireless router information you can modify or change it and add the DNS server entries.
Also by default most wireless routers ip address is 192.168.1.1 and you can type that from a internet explorer and change it from there as well. I believe it's no ID or user name and the password is admin.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
Well the best router for your connection type would be WNR2000. Even Virgin media recommend this router for their 20 and 50 Meg connection. I am pretty confident that this router will meet your requirement with this ISP connection.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
Testimonial: "Excellent advice!"
1) Wire your laptop to your router and restart it once.
2) After the restart, go to Run, type cmd
3) Once in the command prompt, type ipconfig
4) In the ipconfig information, there would be default gateway, type that in your internet explorer.
5) It will ask you for username and password. Usually, its "admin" and "password". You can also try "admin" and "admin"
6) Once logged in, look for a wireless tab and under that, security.
You will be able to find your key there.
To have more precise info, you can tell me your router model number.
Posted on Nov 01, 2009
you to port forward. call Sony tech support to ask what port to be forwarded using Netgear router. Then follow this steps below...
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a username and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: Username and password are case sensitive. If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you ran the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Apr 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2013 | NetGear MBRN3000 3G /4G Mobile Broadband...
Jun 21, 2012 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
Jan 13, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 27, 2008 | Trendware TRENDnet TEW-435BRM 802.11g...
Sep 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 11, 2008 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Broadband...
Sep 29, 2007 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: