- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There could be a variety of reasons why this happens, but the likeliest
reason is the secondary interlock or monitor switch is broken. These are micro switches that tell the microwave that the door is closed. If this switch is broken, then the microwave thinks the door is still open and the carousel table won't turn, and the oven will not heat up.
I replaced an interlock switch last Saturday. The switch was $7.00 and took me an hour.
Ask your local repair person to test the interlock and monitor switches first, then go from there.
you either need a new h.v. capacitor or h.v. diode in the magnetron circuitry if you cant hear it cycle when it runs as in a low pitched hummmm when its drawing current to operate the magnetron tube, each part runs about $30 to $45 each,normally its the h.v. capacitor though
One of the door switches is the problem. Open the casing, and you should find the schematic diagram. Find the switches, and test if you can. If you cannot - replace all of them except the monitor switch.
Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.
The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.
The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.
Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!
This looks that the motor is not being functional, for that you have to look for the fuse if one. or else check the circuit if any wire is disconnected or burnt out accordingly you can decide what needs to be done.
the plate has nothing to do with the microwave heating up the food
but the magnetron that heat the food is bad and will need replacing
I would ask a electronic shop how much they would charge to replace it , and if is not worth it to you then a new one would be a good call