Question about Computers & Internet
Hi guys, I have a CT 5361 T router and my username and password are hacked, this because i can't log in my router. I have contacted my help desk in my country and they told me to reset the router, but this wasn't of any use. What is/are the best steps which i can undertake or other alternatives which can be helpful in order to increase my router security. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is not a difficult task, but if it is done incorrectly, your router will need to be reset. So, let's go ahead and get a long, thin pin, or sewing needle,or something that will reach into the recessed reset button hole, because we may need it a few times.
I too have a belkin wireless router, so I know a little about them. However, I dont know your exact model or firmware/software programming, so a true "step by step" is not possible from me. Contact Belkin for operator assistance. Here are some General things you will need to do.
1. Reset the router. Go ahead and do that now. that way, we have a clean slate. Press the reset button and allow the router to restart.
2. Make sure the Modem is connected to the INTERNET port on the router. You should see 5 ports on the router, 1 2 3 4 are ONLY FOR COMPUTERS. if it has a number do not put anything on it unless its a computer, or xbox or playstation game console. The MODEM, the DSL, or w/e will NEVER go to ports 1 2 3 or 4. Now, make sure that your MAIN computer is HARD WIRED to PORT 1 on the router. You DO NOT EVER make wireless router adjustments over a wireless connection. You must hard wire to the router.
3. LOG IN to the router. The router has a built in website that allows you to operate it. on a belkin router, that website is located at the Default Gateway address. (ok, you probably dont know what that means, but thats ok, we can still do this). MOST belkins have a default gateway address of 192.168.2.1. So, you will open your internet explorer and go to the ADDRESS BAR. There, you will type http://192.168.2.1 and press GO. You SHOULD see a page that says Belkin.
4. BY DEFAULT there is no username or password. so if you are asked to login, leave them blank and hit submit.
5. this is where it can get hairy, but, its nothing the reset button cannot fix. You will be looking for a few things First thing to do is click login, of course, so you can log in. remember, its default, so its blank.
6. Now that youre logged in, look for WIRELESS and click there. If you are using wireless machines, make sure wireless is ENABLED. It should be, by default, but, lets take a look and make sure, just to be safe.
7. Next, were gonna set the SSID to your last name, (or your dogs name or your nickname or favorite place). The SSID is default to Belkin, but if 10 ppl around you ALL have belkin routers, you'd have no way of knowing which one is yours, So, the SSID boradcasts a unique name to identify YOUR network. Changing the word Belkin to "Scoobydoo" would mean that you would be the Scoobydoo network, and anytime anyone is in range of your router, they would see "scoobydoo" as a site. You also want to ENABLE Essid broadcast, and unless you have an older wireless B card, set to Wireless G only. (g is more secure). Everything else, leave at the current setting.
8. Now we are going to SECURE your wireless so that when people see "scoobydoo" they wont be able to JOIN it, unless they have your KEY. Click Security. We are going to create a key. With Wireless G you can use a 26 character key, which is a set of HEXIDECIMAL characters. HEX is 0-9 and A-F. No letter higher than F will occur in Hex. So, click WEP (wpa is usually more secure, but I prefer WEP). Choose WEP and Choose 128 bit encryption. Next, use a passphrase, (this will generate a key for you). Say you put "shaggy" as the passphrase. Based on that word, a 26 character key would be generated. Now, This is important, WRITE THAT KEY DOWN EXACTLY AS ITS SHOWN. Without that key, no one can access your router on wireless. Also, dont forget to press "Apply Changes". Once you apply those changes, all your wireless connections will be lost. You will now have to go to each wireless computer, and apply the key to each one so they can access the router.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
your modem has a key gen serial number that is used by your isp to allow you interent access and if you change isp providers they usually will make you buy one of their modems to gain access seldom have i seen where they will give you access to thier service with a unregristered modem the serial number is the only way they can go to turn service on and off for non payment
Posted on Jan 14, 2010
SOURCE: comtrend ADSL2+ Router CT-5621T
there's quite serious security problem with this routers (not sure if it applies to exactly this type)
if your password if not the default you should try other account:
(username / password)
admin / admin
support / support
user / user
if you are logged in as a "user" you can't change anything but you can access change password page e.g.
pwdAdmin = 'admin';
pwdSupport = 'support';
pwdUser = 'user';
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2012 | Comtrend CT-507 Router
Aug 07, 2011 | Comtrend CT-507 Router
Feb 20, 2011 | Comtrend CT-520 Router
Oct 11, 2010 | D-Link Vonage-enabled Wireless Router...
Sep 28, 2010 | Comtrend CT-507 Router
Oct 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 21, 2007 | Comtrend CT-507 Router
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: