Another problem with the number 9 key.
I have an intermittant fault with the number 9 key,Wken i dial a number and press the 9 key the screen goes back to the wallpaper and the numbers clear from the screen. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Tips / undocumented functions: - At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9
- A shortcut on the left menukey in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey. Reason: The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.
- While writing text press and hold "#" to switch between Alpha mode and Number mode. You can also press a key long to insert its number.
- In standby-mode, press and hold 0 to launch your wap home page.
- If you have your keylock activated just press the on/off button to turn on your backlight to look at the time when it's dark without having to unlock the keypad.
- To keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
- To check your current firmware version simply type *#0000# in standby screen.
- To check your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) type *#06# in standby screen.
- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.
- Start up in Safe Mode (no 'auto start' apps will be running): Hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on until you have to enter your PIN code.
- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.
- In standby mode, 45# + <talk> dials the number on your sim in memory slot 45. 50# + <talk> dials slot 50 and so on
Hi Nilesh, the user's manual says, quote: "Speed dial: If you already set the speed dial numbers, then you can long press number key 2 to 9 to dial set numbers out under the standby mode.Long pressing number key 1 is to dial to voice mailbox if you already set the mailbox number." So it looks like you need to add the speed dial option in your chosen contacts details, first. Then follow the quote above. Good luck!
to store numbers. 1 press memory. the talk indicator flashes. the dialing buttons light for approximately 10 seconds. 2 dial the phone number you want to store. 3 press memory. 4 press a number ( 0-9 ) to assign a memory location number to the phone number. a beep sound. the dialing button light goes off.the phone number is now stored in the hanset memory. 5 repeat step 1-4 to store other numbers or to change previosly stored numbers. my name is jean( french for john) e-mail is email@example.com
ou can save up to 8 phone numbers in your speed dial book. The speed dial keys go from 2 to 9. When you place a call, our system prompts you to "enter the phone number you wish to dial". You just press the appropriate speed dial key followed by the pound sign (#) and your call goes through. No long numbers to enter any more!
If you set a speed dial for our access number on your phone machine, you have to press three keys only to complete a dial - as easy as "1-2#"! That's it!
For example, you can set your parents' phone number as speed dial key 2 and your friend's number as key 3. After dialing the access number from your phone, you will press 2 then # to reach your parents, or press 3# to reach your friend. Nothing could be easier! Speed Dial set up Instructions: Dial the access number, wait for prompt. Enter PIN number, wait for prompt. Dial: "#" "2" "#" [a speed dial number: 1-9] "#" [destination number] "#". The system will confirm the number. Example: [#]  [#]  [#] [011-888-88-88-88-88] [#] Use Speed Dial: Dial the access number, wait for prompt. Enter PIN number, wait for prompt. Dial: [speed dial key (1-9)] "#" Hope this will help to solve the problem....
1. Pick up handset OR press 'handsfree' and wait for dialling tone. 2. Press 'store'. 3. Dial number you wish to put in the memory. 4. Either press 'M1', 'M2' or 'M3' to save as one touch speed dial numbers OR press 'store' again and then press any number between 0 - 9 to save two touch speed dial. 5. Replace handset and you're done.
In future if you wish to dial a one touch number then so long as you remember which button you ascribed to it you can do so with M1, M2 or M3. If it was a two touch number then you will need to press 'memory' followed by whatever number you ascribed between 0 - 9.
To assign a number to a speed dialing key, select Menu > Address Book > Speed dial list, and scroll to the speed-dialing number that you want. Select Assign or, if a number has already been assigned to the key, select Options > Change. Select Find and the contact you want to assign. If the Speed dialing function is off, the phone asks whether you want to activate it
FOR MAKING CALL
Assign a phone number to one of the speed dialing keys, 2 to 9. Call the number in either of the following ways: • Press a speed dialing key, then the call key. • If Speed dialing is set to On, press and hold a speed-dialing key until the cal
Set speed dial numbers 1. In Idle mode, press <Menu> → Phonebook → Speed dial. 2. Scroll to a number you want to set (2-9) and press the Centre key. 3. Select a contact to assign to the number. The contact is saved to the speed dial number.
You can now call this contact from Idle mode by pressing and holding the assigned speed dial number.
More info about your phone: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200802/20080205151101875_SGH-J700_UG_Open_Eng_Rev.1.1_080125.pdf
which model ? generally in all cell phones v will be have speed dialing option in range costing handset also... v can set the 9 speed dialing numbers .... in which 1 speed dialing number is common that is sos(112) in samsung and motorola handsets ... common thing is may be in sony ericson also i m not sure ... in nokia handsets if we make the speed dialing option on then if we just press one number means we can call to the person ... for ex: you may be having some person whom u will call frequently instead of selecting the number by going to phonebook if you put that number to speed dialing list means you can call them by pressing only one button...( while adding to the speed dialing list it will ask to assign the keys like 1,2,3... 9) as every handset keypad will be having 0-9 number keys this is very useful ... in some handsets the speed dialing option is found in phonebook & while in other it will be found in call options...