Question about Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
It comes up E197, sometimes comes up "paper jam on left side" with the red error light flashing. I unplugged it and it worked, but just for a little. How do I fix this?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Printer System Error E197
I have a Canon MF6500 Series and received this System Error E197 error while printing a document from Word. I was low on paper in the tray but not out so I refilled the paper tray and turned the printer off for about 30 seconds and it worked fine after that. I guess I'm lucky.
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
use your computer go to command promt and do ping to copier machine ip add, see there is any reply .If there is reply ,your machine is connected to your p.c.then use the printer driver do a test print.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
Hope I could still share with you this fix because this is where you need to look at when you think you have done everything to remove the paper jam.
1. Turn off the printer and pull out all plugs and power cord that is attached to your printer.
2. Remove the paper tray at the bottom and let the printer lie at its back so that you can see underneath.
3. Get a flashlight and look closely for the sensor located underneath the printer. The sensor is located in a small square hole, just above the small black plastic "lever" (looks like a small hockey paddle) on the left side of the gray rubber roller. Move the lever so that you can freely look closer on the hole.
4. Notice because there could be a tiny paper shred stuck inside and this causes the sensor to detect a paper jam.
5. Get a small tweezer to remove that paper out.
6. Next, let the printer stand normally and return the tray back.
7. Re-plug all cables and start your printer. That's it!
You can also click on this link for this trick.
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
on Jan 07, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
This error is caused due to faulty thermister however; you can check the fuser unit for any jammed paper around the upper fixing roller and try to clean that area. After this is done try to clear the error by entering the service mode, to enter press Additional functions, #. Then go to #7 Printer and press OK, then go to #4 printer reset and press OK, yes= *. If the issue returns then replace the thermister. Hope this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Sep 28, 2011 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
Aug 03, 2011 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
Feb 10, 2011 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
Jan 29, 2010 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
Jan 25, 2010 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
Aug 11, 2008 | Canon imageCLASS MF8170C All-In-One Laser...
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: