Question about Sony J3 902 VCR
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2011 | 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
Mar 11, 2011 | RCA VR622HF VHS VCR
Try the following action to resovle your issue:
1. Run the Drive Assessment Test in HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools.
CAUTION: Running the Drive Assessment Test overwrites the tape. If it is not possible to
overwrite the tape, run the logs-based Device Analysis Test instead.
2. Check the backup logs.
3. Verify that a supported configuration is being used.
4. Check for media damage:
o Incorrect label placement
o Broken, missing, or loose leader pin
o Damaged cartridge seam
o Usage in incorrect environment
5. Check for software issues:
a. Check the backup software.
b. Check that virus scanning software is not scheduled to run at the same time as the back-up.
6. Verify that a tape can be formatted.
Tape Error LED is flashing:
1. Reload the suspect tape. If the Tape Error LED stops flashing, the problem has cleared.
2. Load a new or known good tape. If the Tape Error LED stops flashing, the problem has cleared.
3. Reload the suspect tape. If the Tape Error LED flashes, discard the suspect media as faulty.
From my experience, most of the time it is a bad tape, using a new tape usually solves the problem. If after inserting a new tape and the problem exist, you may need to update your firmware/backup software.
Jan 13, 2011 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Apr 04, 2010 | Samsung HLN5065W 50" Rear Projection...
Mar 14, 2010 | Samsung LN-S4051D 40 in. LCD Television
Nov 22, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Apr 03, 2009 | 2006 BMW 750Li
Apr 13, 2007 | Tascam 102 MKII Single Dual Cassette Deck
Apr 02, 2006 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV520 Digital Camcorder
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!