Question about Tally T8106 Laser Printer
The T816 can be used with Vista and XP over a Ethernet connection....You will not however be able to 'discover' the printer on the network.You need to set an IP Address in the printer or if the printer has been allocated a DHCP address you would need to find out what address has been allocated.
Once you know the IP Address you would need to install the printer on a PC/Server then share it to other users to be able to 'see the pritner on the network'
Once the pritner driver has been installed you can create a network port in the pritner driver to print to the IP Address of the pritner in the follwing way (on XP, Vista will be simmilar)
· Open PRINTERS folder
· Right Click on the printer driver for the T8106
· Select PROPERTIES from pop up menu
· Click on the PORTS tab
· Click on the ADD PORT button
· Highlight STANDARD TCP/IP PORT
· Click on NEW PORT
· This should open the TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard, work through this entering the IP Address and Port Name. Windows may try to detect the port configuration required.
· If the type of port is not automatically detected click on the CUSTOM radio button.
· Click on the SETTINGS button
· Change the PROTOCOL to LPR
· Under LRP SETTINGS enter the Queue Name as PASS
· Click OK.
· Click NEXT and then FINISH to finish the TCP/IP ports wizard.
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 09, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Mar 19, 2011 | Samsung Netbook / Intel Atom Processor /...
Nov 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
May 28, 2009 | Tally T8106 Laser Printer
May 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Sep 26, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!