I need to get instructions as to ho2w to uninstall Exporer and reinstall to try to correct a reliability issue
To avoid possible headaches from interference, I suggest you uninstall in Safe Mode:
Turn your PC on or Restart. As soon as you see the black and white screen, press and hold the F8 key. Continue holding until you see a black and white menu. Safe Mode is F3 or F5.
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.
If for some reason Windows Internet Explorer 7 does not appear in the Add or Remove Programs you should:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Click Tools | Folder Options
3. Click the View tab
4. Make sure the radio button next to Show hidden files and folders is on
5. Click OK
6. Click Start, and then click Run
7. Type: %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe into the text box and click Enter
If you find yourself still needing help uninstalling Internet Explorer 7, check out the IE7 release notes found on the Microsoft MSDN Web site.
Excellent link for IE7 download and repair
Restart after uninstall, before reinstalling. For a fresh download of IE7:
Oct 22, 2008 |
HP PC Desktops