Question about Water Heaters
Some heaters have two 4500 heating elements thats 9000 watts or 9kw,s which would need 240 volts at 30 amps.breaker.
Posted on Feb 21, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) You report that your tank-type electric water heater has lights on the controller.
Please look at label on side of tank to get brand and type of water heater.
Add a comment with all information you have, including description of product.
This will let expert possibly find a manual, and read manual alongside you to assist as you fix water heater yourself.
Keep in mind that expert cannot see your water heater, and that many things cause water heaters to malfunction, and that troubleshoot section of product manual is good place to start.
2) Search manufacturer's website for product manual so you can fix water heater yourself.
3) If you have electric water heater and don't want to add a comment with identifying information, then look at following page for do-it-yourself troubleshooting:
4) If you have energy smart water heater, you can access information and manual at following link, and possibly fix water heater yourself:
Product manual link shows on page, and gives phone number.
5) If you do not have tools or know-how to fix water heater yourself, then call a plumber.
Plumbers are expert at fixing water heaters.
6) Post question of professional water heater forum, to double check anything a plumber, friend, or fixya expert says:
7) Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya phone service.
For a price, expert speaks with you over phone while you work on water heater or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Feb 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2013 | Westbrass Antique Copper Hot Water...
Apr 21, 2011 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Dec 04, 2010 | Rheem Water Heaters
Jun 21, 2010 | Rheem 40 Gallon FVR NATGAS Low WATER...
Jan 18, 2010 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Sep 03, 2009 | Grundfos RCP-96 Recirculation Pump for...
Mar 16, 2009 | Honeywell Water Heaters
Feb 28, 2009 | Rheem 80 GAL ELEC TALL Water Heater 6YR SC...
Nov 16, 2008 | Water Water Heaters
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!