Question about Estate TAWS800JQ Top Load Washer
The water continues to run even if I shut the machine down completely. It goes through the cycles if I turn the water off and on as needed. I even shut the machine off and the water still ran. I was wondering if this is something I could fix myself
Check clear tube that is inside machine.1st take off shell of machine look for clear tube about 1/4 inch diameter.it sometimes comes off,it pushes over nipple to load size water fill knob.if it came off the water will keep on flowing and over flow.if that's the problem just put a dab of silicon on nipple and push tube back on.
Posted on Mar 21, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, Thank You for using FixYa. I will be helping you today.Yes if the lid switch is broken the unit wont spin. Here is how to replace the switch.
1. UNPLUG THE WASHER
2. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws from each side of the rear corners of the console. NOTE: On some latest models there are no screws (big saving for Whirlpool). Instead there is a console clip on each side of the console which should be carefully released by inserting a putty knife under the console from the front on each side.
3. Pull the console forward and up to remove the tabs on the bottom of the end caps, out of the holes in the top.
4. Lift the console up and lay it on its back.
5. Unplug the harness connector for the lid switch.
6. Insert a flat screwdriver into the front edge of the clip (located on both sides), and pry back. Remove both clips from the holes in the cabinet and slide down the other end of the clips and out the slot in the rear panel.
7. Open and hold the lid while grabbing the cabinet front opening. Be sure when tilting the cabinet that the back edge clears the vacuum break.
8. Tilt the top of the cabinet toward you by pulling on the lid and opening of the cabinet. This releases the back slots of the cabinet from the tabs in the back of the base
9. Carefully pull the cabinet away from the base of the washer and set it aside
Thank You and please rate my answer if it was helpful..
Posted on Jun 27, 2011
I have an WTW4400 that will not let any hot in,The tech changed the temp sensor and it worked for a month or so and the same problem is back..Screens are ok..Jim.
Posted on Nov 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2011 | Estate TAWS800JQ Top Load Washer
Sep 24, 2011 | Estate Washing Machines
Sep 12, 2011 | GE Washing Machines
Jun 24, 2011 | GE WPGT9360EPL Top Load Washer
May 29, 2011 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Oct 09, 2010 | Maytag Washing Machines
Oct 04, 2010 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Sep 25, 2010 | Estate TAWB600JQ Top Load Washer
Mar 19, 2008 | Whirlpool Estate TAWS750PQ 27-Inch Washer
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!