Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
for removing bios password you must have to remove cimos bettery for few mnuts but for doing this you have to open case of laptop
and it is not adviceable because your notebook is new one
so find any service station if yor laptop is in warranty period or you may lose your warranty
there isn't any other way to clear cmos without opening case of your laptop and remove cmos bettery
unless you will get cmos password but as u said you didn't put password in your laptop it might be possible that your notebook manufacture him self had put any password in cmose as a company policy
in that case also you must have to go to them
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
SOURCE: Please help
It may be the case where you have Multiboot option with Two hard Disk on PC.
Are you not able to boot even.
Have you try to go in Safe mode (tapping the F8 key during Bootup)
Also try to change the BOOT Priority by pressing key either "DEL", "ESC", or "F2"
Let me know the result and further details, so I can move on.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
SOURCE: omnibook 4150 password
One Time, I forgot BIOS PASSWORD OMNIBOOK 4150XE2.
I had to find a way to clear the CMOS on my own.
(1) Remove the memory access panel.
(2) Remove the sticks of memory.
(3) I believe it is the top stick, but it may be the bottom. There are two solder points that stand out.
(4) With a small screwdriver or other tool, short these two contacts.
(5) Replace the memory and put the access panel back on.
Your CMOS should now be cleared. I have only done this on an XE2, but chances are there are similar ways on other HP laptops.
Make much attention... it can be dangerous.
If you want, try this solution, BUT YOUR RESPONSABILITY.
or H.P. will provide a solution FREE OF CHARGE even though the laptop is out of warranty.....unbelievable I know !!!!
You have to try and give proof of purchase, very important, then a code is given which you enter in the bios. Then you contact H.P. with the resultant code and then your bios password will be unlocked........
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
As soon as you see the BIOS splash screen press <F12> a couple of times and pray.
Pick boot device from list that appears on screen.
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
Check on motherbord again you can find cmos cell it is look like round battery cell.
Then pull it for 10 minutes so all bios settings are defaults.
Also you can clear bios with jumper find jumper on motherbord it has 3 -pin 1-2-3 right now jumper is in 1-2 position set it to 2-3 position so your bios is clear.Then again set it to it's original position.
then it not ask for password.
Let me know if you need more assistance.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2014 | Acer Aspire One D257 Netbook
1. Is the boot sequence in BIOS set to boot from CD or DVD, if not I would suggest you to go to BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot from CD and try to boot from the CD
2. Is the computer custom built or OEM built?
3. What is the model number and who is the manufacturer of the computer?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer by installing any new software or hardware?
5. Since when are you unable to boot the computer normally?
6. You need to get Windows Vista DVD to perform further troubleshooting either to scan the computer or to perform repair install, I would suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer to obtain vista DVD.
Sep 07, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5920-6423 Notebook
May 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 22, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Sep 29, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 240 Notebook
Jul 08, 2009 | LG Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5720 6497 Laptop
Sep 17, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Aug 06, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!