If the touchscreen is listed in the hardware manager, then I sugest uninstalling and reinstalling the driver by looking for hardware changes and let windows do it from its database. Either that, or installing it anew from the drivers cd. If not, it might be disabled in the BIOS.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Power drain would be a better solution in this case. 1.first shut down the comp 2.unplug the charger 3. remove the battery and after press and hold the power button for 60 seconds without any charger and the battery.After the 60 seconds replug the battery and the charger and turn the computer
It is highly improbable that heat from the CPU can crack a LCD screen. Even if the fan was faulty the CPU would have shutdown (thermal overload) before it would affect the LCD screen.
If you apply pressure to the face of the LCD screen or twist the screen or impact the screen with a hard object, any of these will cause the LCD screen to crack.
Hard to tell without opening the laptop up. Depends where the soda got to. Alot of times it could be an inverter ($70-$150) or could be more serious like a new LCD Screen ($400+) and/or Motherboard ($$$+).
I would take it somewhere you trust that has a small diagnosis fee so they can take it apart and see what the soda has gotten too. Then you could decide if the cost is worth it.