Question about Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Hello, I have a Hitachi LCD 50V500 tv that's displaying a blue ghost image in the middle of the screen. I went into the menu screen to attempt to locate the problem, but I couldn't find it. Please help. It's driving me insane. Thank You.
You have a defective light engine and you do not have to be under warranty for Hitachi to replace this part. We just went through this and here's what you need to do. Call Hitachi's customer relations department at 800-654-7013 and tell them that you have a defective light engine. They will act like they've never heard of this problem but they have. They will give you the names of some certified dealers in your area to call. Once a tech comes out and confirms that it's the light engine, call Hitachi back and they will send a brand new light engine to the dealer and Hitachi will cover the cost of the part (cost $1500).
Here is the deal, if you're under warranty, Hitachi will cover the part and the install. If you're not under warranty, all you pay is the install. Our install cost $400. Others on this site have paid $200. Do not let anyone tell you that you have to pay for the light engine part...you do not. Hitachi has not recalled this part but they are replacing it for free. Also, deal only with Hitachi customer realations number that I listed. Good Luck!
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
Okay, so you just found out that you have a defective product, your warranty is out and you've probably already called Hitachi and got the bad news that they will NOT help with the repairs since your warranty is out. Don't give up hope...there's still a chance. I'm going to tell you how to change their minds. I know you already called Customer Service, but you’re going to do it again. Just follow the instructions below and you stand a better chance of getting them to help cover parts, which will save you $1000 if it is the Light Engine. Labor will cost us $167.00
1. Go to www.hitachi.com
2. Select "Contact Us"
3. Fill out the form and Report the problem
4. You will get an automated response saying they got your message and that it will take up to 2 business days for someone from Customer Support to contact you.
5. Check your email periodically and you will get an email from Customer support
6. They will tell you to contact a repairman in your area and offer to give you a list
7. Take the list, because you’ll need it
8. Ask if Hitachi will help cover the costs and they’ll tell you to call 1-800-HITACHI
9. Once you do so, you’ll get some rude person on the line, who’ll tell you that your warranty is expired and that they’ll do nothing to help
10. Visit the following website and copy the information to a Word Document.
11. You’ll report back to the same Customer Support fellow who contacted you via email and you’ll tell him they won’t help and complain that this seems to be a common problem with their tv’s because there are hundreds of complaints about their product, with the same problem you’re having, on the internet. Be sure to copy and paste some of the reviews you’ve found and mention the lawsuit against them in Dallas, and attach a copy of the information you found on the above website.
12. Your Customer Support representative will then tell you that someone from Customer Relations will call you. He or she will give you this number, but its useless to call it, because they’ll tell you the same thing as before. NO HELP FOR YOU! 1-800-654-7013. Just wait for their call and you’ll find them much more accommodating.
13. From here, you can do one of two things: A. accept Hitachi’s offer to pay for parts only or contact the attorney who is suing them and join in on the lawsuit. We’re still waiting to hear from them to see if we can.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
You got a rebuild LE. The R at end of the LE part is for rebuild.
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
I am going through the same thing( only my cloud is red)generally a crappy picture and all hued in red and pink After waiting on the Sears Service tech for a week and a half, showed up this morning and said: " Yep, another Light Engine " He did something in the service menu: "memory reset" to make the TV somewhat watchable while the LE is on order. He was going to order the same(defective) light engine until I gave him the Upgraded Part number from Hitachi: UX22202DR for the 50V500. My tech seems very knowledgable and agreed right away to order the correct part and schedule me for service( He said he has done numerous light engine replacements on this model and it takes him about 2 hours to do this in my home. I am really glad I have a extended warranty as this repair would have cost well over $800. Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 09, 2006
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2011 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Mar 03, 2008 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Oct 04, 2008 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Aug 20, 2008 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Aug 02, 2006 | Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD...
1,440 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: