I would like to know that when I shut down my laptop, which is where I use this mouse; the light (red) does not shut off. To solve the problem I remove both batteries; there must be something else I can do to solve this problem and to keep wearing out the batteries.
The mouse is not supposed to go off when the computer is turned off. But it does have three modes so that it can recognize the power it needs to use: in use mode, temporary not in use mode, and long-term or overnight not in use modes. The red light should flicker in the second mode and should dim in the third mode. If you want to save batteries though, you can keep taking them out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a Logitech cordless mouse but had a problem recently. It fell on the ground and the batteries fell out. Put them back in, the mouse came back on but didn't work. Pushed the button on the mouse several times, no luck. The light at the receiver was always blinking whenever I pushed the button on the mouse, so I assumed that should work. After a few tries, I ended up pushing the button at the receiver and low and behold, the mouse was working again. Have been using this mouse for years, had that problem only one.
Gina, I've had my Logitech ce 0682 for years and have had some similar problems. The mouse is supposed to rest in the cradle and recharge the batteries, but I've noticed that it rarely works for me. The connectors on the mouse seem to scuff and corrode easily and I'm sure that degrades its ability to charge batteries. So my solution was to buy a 4 pack of rayovac rechargable batteries(AA) and a usb battery charger. I never put my mouse in the cradle now and keep 2 batteries recharging at all times so I always have fresh batteries when that pesky red light comes up telling me the batteries are dying. As far as your highlighting text problem. Sorry don't have a solution on that one.
It is normal because the mouse is still picking up the "stand by" power of the motherboard.
It will very very slowly trickle away any charge you have in the laptop battery, but over such a long time you would probably not notice.
The mice on my desktop machines do the same thing, as I live in an area prone to electrical surges I shut down my machines and power strips every night and as soon as I do the laser light in the mouse goes out.
On my laptop I have a wireless optical mouse and when I finish using it, I remove the USB adapter, the USB adapter then slides into a receptical in the mouse and automatically switches the mouse off saving the mouse battery.
If it concerns you just unplug the mouse when it's not in use
you don't need any drivers as windows sees it as soon as the usb is plugged in. . it not unusual for these mice to flake out and stutter and refuse to be seen wireless. mine died a horrible death right in the middle of a kill.