Question about Televison & Video
How do I open the blocked dvd drawer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dvd drawer will not open
seems like the rubber band is broken. no there is not secret back door to it..you have to open it and change the rubber band. it is not that complicated
Posted on Mar 26, 2007
SOURCE: No sound when watching TV
I would check all cables to make sure they are connected properly and
secure, also check the cables for any defects ie bent pins, frays in
wiring, etc. and check all connectors on the front or back of your tv (which ever way you have it hooked up) to make sure they are not loose or damaged first. 2. I know you can connect your dvd properly, but I
have to suggest it anyway, go back through the manual and make sure all
settings are properly set.
3. You may need to update your firmware, which you can find instructions in pdf at this link it will be the 6th link down in pdf. I tried finding your device on the manufacturer's website, but you need the model number, I will include that link as well. Since it only 6 months old, it should still be under warranty so I would check into that as most usually have 1 year warranty. If all else fails, it might be something internal with the dvd recorder and you will have to get another one or take yours to a repair shop, but if you do take it to a repair shop make sure it is one that is reputable and trust worthy. I hope this helps you out and I am sorry I could not be more specific on the problem.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
SOURCE: I cannot open the DVD
The DVD drawer might have a small hole under the tray. You can use a straightened paper clip to push into the hole and this is supposed to manually push the slot out enough to grab and pull out. The DVD might not be seated in there.
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
SOURCE: my philips dvd recorder is
These methods have been shown to work
The electronic procedure:
Switch off the unit at the wall plug. On the front panel, hold in the <RECORD> and <EJECT> buttons at the same time, and keeping them held, switch on the power at the wall again. Keep holding the buttons until the disc tray opens.
The manual procedure:
There should be a small slot on the lower side of the unit near the front and center of the disc assembly. By sliding a small plastic numb from one side to the other unlocks the door so it can maually be opened the rest of the way. You will need a strong, thin object to slide that release nub. A small knife or nail would work. Of course you should follow all safety precaution such as removing power and not damaging anything else.
Posted on Dec 21, 2008
I had the same problem with a comparable device. It turned out that the drive belt that operates the ejection mechanism wears out or breaks.
To get at it you need to do the following:
1. remove device cover
2. remove the identification cover on the front of the DVD tray. This may be tricky if you can't open the tray. You need to find a way, because otherwise you can't remove the DVD unit, at least not on my unit.
3. remove the DVD unit by detaching the cables and removing four screws.
4. remove the two top screws on the DVD unit
5. remove the front top cover of the DVD unit by pushing the two tabs on the top of the unit, near the front.
6. Now remove the tray, by pulling it out as far as it goes and then pressing two tabs on either side of the tray. These tabs look like this:
7. Now you get at the drive belt. Originally it was black; I replaced it (temporarily) with a red one in the picture below:
8. Now put everything back together.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Jul 01, 2009 | Philips DVDR3455H/37B
Jun 05, 2009 | Philips DVP5990 DVD Player
May 31, 2009 | Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD...
Mar 23, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 07, 2009 | Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD...
May 01, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 09, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
449 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!