Question about Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4) Router (1010835)
I keep getting kicked off xbox live about 5 min after i start up an xbox360. this started 2 happen once i switched from a linksys router to a belkin router
You should reduce the MTU of your router. You can simply call Belkin support for them to assist you on how to reduce the MTU.
Posted on Oct 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hooking up an Xbox with Linksys routers:
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 220.127.116.11...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...
here is a website to help you setup the Xbox Live: Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Apr 28, 2011 | Linksys by Cisco Cisco Valet Plus Wireless...
Jul 29, 2010 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Apr 13, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jan 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Jan 10, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Sep 20, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Aug 17, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 05, 2008 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
810 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: