Question about Sony 7.40V,4800mAh,Li-Polymer,Replacement Laptop Battery (VGPBPL15SVGPBPS15S) for SONY VAIO VGN-P11Z/W, VAIO VGN-P13GH/W, VAIO...
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | MSI Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2011 | ASUS A7V600-X (90M7A820G0EAYZ) Motherboard
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
If you replaced the battery from one of the many sites that promise complete compatibility with the original OEM battery with specs that meet or exceed those of the OEM, you're on the wrong track. They don't work in my experience. Sony has a proprietary chip in their battery packs that identifies it as an "original" The battery sites state that you have to update the BIOS drivers to make it work and if you have Windows 7, it will be problematic. I've gone through this several times, and what I've had to do is do a restore to a point prior to installing the software that the battery site provided. Although I received a notice that the restore was unsuccessful after it had been run by a system restore CD that you should make; I received notice that the restore was successful after reboot. I then ordered the battery from Sony, installed it, and all is well. Best advice is to be very circumspect in getting batteries from any source that says they are brand new and are completely compatible. A place I know to go to replace bad cells is www.batteryrebuild.com or batteryrefill.com (same site). They replace the cells, leave the original chip, and the computer sees it as an 'original' Sony battery.
Dec 19, 2010 | Sony 7.40V,4800mAh,Li-Polymer,Replacement...
Nov 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 22, 2010 | ASUS K8N-VM Motherboard
Nov 27, 2009 | Asrock P4I45D Motherboard
Sep 28, 2013 | Sony 7.40V,4800mAh,Li-Polymer,Replacement...
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: