Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp R1420B Totally dead. Power to unit is ok.

Unit is completely dead. No lights or anything. If it is a blown fuse, where is the fuse?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 112 Answers

Most of these have internal line fuses inside of the casing. Once you remove the housing that covers the top and sides, follow the wires from the cord and they should lead you to the fuse. They are usually on the front rh side looking at it from the front. Be careful, even though unplugged, this unit still stores alot of electriacal energy in the capacitor.

Posted on Oct 27, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Sharp microwave model R-218H(s) is not working


take it in for a proper diagnosis and quote
if it is serious it will be cheaper to buy a new unit

Jul 16, 2016 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power, no clock, no light. Dead


you cant do much about this.. the only thing you can do is check if the power is going to the magnetron unit or not.
but i wouldnt suggest you to experiment with the unit as it can cause short circuits.
you should rather go find a cheap electrician

Mar 17, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Unit is completely dead


please check the fuse - you will be able to locate it on panel. - replace it and the pcs is ok --

Feb 23, 2014 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE xl1800 I have checked both fuses and still no power to the control panel. What is the next failure?


someone needs to follow the voltage into the unit--- The voltage goes to fuse and then to inverter that drives the unit---fyi if unit is not real expensive a repair may not be practical----use some precautions if not familiar with this kind of appliance.

Jun 08, 2012 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unit completely dead. no lights no fan no keypad wall outlet tests OK


The microwave oven internal fuse has blown, unplug unit, remove top case 2 to 6 screws, on right side look for a long rectangular silver capacitor, "carefull high voltage" the ceramic fuse should be next to it, "white body with silver ends" remove and replace with same rating. If the fuse blows again chances are the door switch is defective and must be replaced.

Jun 18, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Can't find the power loss in microwave after fuse, switch check.


Sounds more like the transformer could be bad. Very easy to check. See my tip at http://www.fixya.com/support/r4318968-check_high_voltage_transformer_in . Let me know if you need more help.

hardrocko

Thanks for using FixYa and for the generous rating.

Mar 11, 2010 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Unit is dead, no display no turn on Worked fine one day, dead the next


it maybe the internal fuse tht has blown all microwaves have a monitor fuse inside some where the mains power comes in and some on the control pcb it does mean that a short circuit has accured but it can happen if the door is slammed you will need to remove the top cover of the unit to find the fuse and be very careful inside everything is very sharp and door make sure it is unpluged also inside a microwave i a large capacitor this can store power even with the unit off it should be grounded b4 working on the unit but a long as you are just changing the fuse you should ok do if you can use insulated pliers for your own safety,if u fit a new fuse and it blows again thn my advise would be to take it to a a repair shop as the high voltage side of your microwave is up to 4000-5000 volts

Oct 20, 2009 | Emerson MW8987B/W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unit dead Unit is dead - suspect blown fuse


Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.

The reason for this is that if you do not have any experience and training with microwaves, you can get a SEVERE shock, even if the oven is unplugged. THAT being said, if you still want to know where the fuse is get back to me. good luck.

ALSO, as you may know, a small microwave these days is under fifty bucks at walmart.

May 20, 2009 | Sharp R-1880LS 850 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Kenmore elite microwave


Does the digital display light up at all? Is it completely dead? Are you sure it has power? Have you tried another outlet? If the outlet is good and the unit is completely dead, the internal fuse may have blown. You can try to take the cover off (with the unit unplugged) and look for a blown fuse. Try replacing the fuse with an EXACT fuse of the same rating. Try plugging the unit back in again and see if the unit comes back on. If not, you may have a power supply issue or defective Magnetron.

Please let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Good Luck,
- Jim

Jan 28, 2008 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Hood lights


This is a problem with the control board, which we commonly repair for $32.50. This is caused by not disconnecting the microwave from the power line when removing or installing a bulb.

May 30, 2006 | Sharp R-1481B Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

162 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...