Question about Apple iPhone Smartphone
I am getting this error message: Cannot Get Mail -The user name or passowrd for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.
I have not changed any of my yahoo settings and don't now how to check this. Can you help??
Thanks so much,
This is a very common problem. Upgrading you iphone firmware if it's not current may solve this problem. Or try changing your address for the account from email@example.com" to your yahoo id without the "@yahoo.com"
Otherwise the built-in yahoo option for iphone can be buggy:
1. Go to your yahoo account in a regular browser on your computer. Makesure you're using the new version of Yahoo mail (the one that looks andfeels like outlook).
2. Create a new folder. I called mine "archive - inbox".
3. Select ALL emails in your inbox so that your inbox folder will becompletely empty once you move them (there's a box you can check whichwill select everything). I had over 5,000 emails in my inbox, so thiswould have taken ages using the Classic version of Yahoo mail.
4. Move all emails to your newly created archive folder. Go back intothe archive folder and select any unread/new emails and move them backto your inbox.
5. Go into Yahoo on your iphone and refresh the mail. This will clearout the old emails and download the most recent emails from your inbox.
More info here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7926883
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2014 | Apple iPhone 5
Feb 19, 2014 | Yahoo Mail
May 20, 2011 | PANDIGITAL Digital Book 843967071153...
Mar 03, 2011 | Yahoo Mail
Oct 15, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Aug 15, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
Jul 09, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
Mar 18, 2009 | LG KS20 Smartphone
Nov 09, 2008 | Yahoo Mail
Aug 28, 2008 | Apple iMac 24" Desktop
851 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!