Question about GE EMO3000 Microwave Oven
GE EMO3000 microwave will run a couple of seconds then stop. It then asks to reset date/time. Runs a couple seconds then same thing over and over again??????
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The first thing I would check would be the magnetron TCO (thermal cut-out). This is a little safety devise that protects the magnetron in the event of overheating. These can act up even without overheating. I believe the nuetral side of this TCO runs through the board, and therefore the flickering and shutdown. When the TCO cools, it resets. If it were the door switch, you would blow the fuse and wouldn't be able to set the time without changing the fuse. There are other cavity thermostats that could be the culprit but my quess is on the magnetron TCO. When working with microwaves always unplug the unit and discharge the capacitor. This is high voltage..Good Luck
Posted on Jun 12, 2006
SOURCE: ge microwave
If you're getting power at the outlet, the most common problems causing a "dead" condition are a bad thermostat (or thermal cutout / thermal fuse) on or near the magnetron, a blown internal fuse, or a problerm on the control circuit board.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
SOURCE: microwave runs but does not heat
With the symptoms you
have, I would most strongly suspect a shorted high voltage rectifier
diode or a bad magnetron, or a loose and possibly corroded connection on the magnetron's terminal.
The diode is a fairly cheap fix, and the mag will cost more.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Here are some links you or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html (if it's not shorted, it's probably okay)
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
The problem you are having is that the magnetron that actually does the heating has gone bad. The fact that everthing works fine rules out any type of bad fuse since there is only one 15amp ceramic fuse in most cases in the unit itself. The magnetron is located behind the control panel on top and has some cooling fins on it. Replacing it if you are a do-it-yourselfer is pretty easy provided you can find one at local electronic supplier or on the internet such as www.mwoparts.com if you would like to see what it looks like. It is held in place with typically 4 screws. It has two to three terminals depending on make and model and age. With everything unplugged it comes off easily enough with no desoldering or soldering to do. There is a High Voltage Capacitor and Diode that could be bad also, but without being able to check it in person it would be difficult for me to tell that they are. In my experience the magnetron is the first thing I replace and have never replaced a capacitor or high voltage diode in the past 20 years. Good luck and God bless.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and then shuts off, a door switch might have failed intermittently. Check each of the door switches for any signs of overheating, arcing, or burning. Also check each of them for continuity. Replace any of the switches that is visibly damaged or that only has continuity intermittently
the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad and
control panel might be defective. There are several other components
that can cause this problem, be sure to check any other components
before replacing this board.
the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad might be
at fault. This is not common. Generally speaking, if the microwave
display is working and some of the buttons respond correctly but
some don't, the problem is with the touchpad.
the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the thermostat might
be defective. Watch our video on testing thermostat
Feb 08, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 03, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 09, 2012 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 23, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Oct 26, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 11, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Nov 16, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 02, 2006 | GE EMO3000 Microwave Oven
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: