Question about KitchenAid KGRI801PBS Gas Kitchen Range
My wife ran the self clean cycle yesterday. When it was done and cooled off the door remained locked and the front panel display is off. Checked the breaker which is on, turned it off for 30 minutes and reset it. That didn't work.
Best I can tell is that a fuse is blown. The only thing I can find is what looks like a thermal fuse # 8300802 TOD60F24.
Is this the culprit?
1) unplug and turn your gas valve off
2) with a #2 phillips remove all the silver screw on the back of your stove (this will make is to you can remove the stainless splashguard)
3) there are several black screw holding on a removable (stainless) panel that covers the back of the stove - your culprit (thermal fuse) is under here).
4) on the back of the oven you'll see the back of a couple of fixtures (stove light, temp sensor etc). <-- do not touch these..
5) there is another attachment (attached with black #2 robertson screws).. it has two black wires plugged into it.. this is your thermal fuse - mine has a number 8300802 on it.
I had to replace this (18bucks) from my local hardware store. Unfortunately, these stupid ovens have this part recurring so buy a few.
At your own risk - when reinstalling, slip a little cardboard between the thermal fuse sensor (stainless flat side) and the stove.. you may save a few headaches..
this repair was an easy one compared to replacing the board on this stupid oven.. (i would not recommend buying one - typical north american engineering designed to keep the repair folks working)..
i guess you need to find a different way to screw the consumer eh KitchenAid? lol
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
Its located behind the rear panel of the unit??? yea that s the one!!!!
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2016 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid - KERS505XSS...
Dec 02, 2012 | GE Hotpoint 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Mar 02, 2010 | KitchenAid KGRA806PSS Gas Kitchen Range
Oct 17, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Oct 08, 2009 | Jenn-Air SVE47100 Slide-In Electric...
Jul 05, 2009 | KitchenAid Kitchen Ranges
Nov 30, 2008 | Jenn-Air JGR8775QD Gas Kitchen Range
Jun 19, 2008 | Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range
Feb 14, 2008 | GE Profile JGS968 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 13, 2006 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Feb 29, 2012 | KitchenAid KGRI801PBS Gas Kitchen Range
927 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!