Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi there. Well, you got it narrowed down pretty well. The DVD drive is probably failing, either the lens itself, or the sliding posts on it need some greasing (you don't wanna crack it open to grease it yourself if you don't wanna void warranty, tho), or the lens might be just dirty. Hard to tell without actually opening it up and doing a few tests tho. The only thing i could think you could try to clean the lens without opening the console, is to unplug the power cord when the tray is open, and to blow compressed air (canned, or compressor source) into the drive, trying to clean the lens. If it doesn't work, best bet is probably sending to MS still. I don't think you'll end up getting a worst condition console, from the few times i've had refurbs from them the 360's are still fine to this day. Now, on a side note, just remember to avoid overheating, never block the console's air flow (intake and exhaust), that's the 360 #1 killer still. Hope that helps, cheebster.
Posted on Jun 18, 2007
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2010 | Microsoft Fable 2 for Xbox 360
Mar 14, 2010 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360
Jan 30, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 24, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 26, 2009 | Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto IV for...
Dec 17, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 07, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 11, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jul 20, 2018 | The Video Game Consoles & Games
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!