Question about Akai LCT3201AD 32 in. LCD Television

4 Answers

Scott HDTV model LCT37SHA

TV picture won't come up. TV powers on as indicated by light at base of screen, but no picture shows. Have removed power cord and all peripheral cords then restored power, but still no picture. TV was inadvertently left on overnight with screen saver from Sony dvd player on. TV was in AV mode all night. This morning, no picture. Can you offer suggestions

Posted by on

  • monhollon Oct 30, 2008

    I bought a LCT 3201 AD which seems to be in same condition although I don't know if it was left on. It powers on to a light grey screen, has sound fromdvd but no picture, this does not seem like a power supply problem but with the video out?

  • rhrayrn Apr 02, 2009

    I have a SCOTT tv model LCT37SHA. Sometimes when I try to turn on the TV, instead of the power light turning green, it just stays red and won't power on. If I unplug the power cord from the TV for a minute or more and plug it back in, it comes on. I bought this TV in July 2007 and I am annoyed it is already messing up....

×

4 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 22 Answers

We have just been working on this exact problem and have a page with all the details -

http://www.findonefindall.com/toyota-sienna/LCT37SHA_Scott_Akai_LG_LCD_TV.htm

Hope it helps!

Posted on Aug 29, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have Scott 32 inch LCD TV that the picture cuts out after about an hour of run time. I think this is a heatsink problem as I have set up a fan, blowing into the vent slots at the top rear of the TV.
Now the TV works as long as I leave the fan on, no problems.

I had noticed that the unit gets very warm at the top, and when the picture first cut out, it felt hot back there. So I powered down, let it cool, and put the fan back there. The fan is actually an air purificaton unit on medium setting. The fan has a sqirrel cage type blower about 10" long, blowing into the ventilation slots from about 2" away.

Then I powered back up, and the picture stayed on all day with no problems. The next morning, I powered up the TV but forgot the fan. 1 hour later, blink, there went the picture again. So I repeated the cool down / fan proceedure and it's working fine again.

If your picture will not come on at all anymore, it is likely that the heat problem has damaged the component that is getting too hot
beyond functionality.

Posted on Mar 28, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 124 Answers

Hi, The problem comes from the power supply board. The power supply board is a three phase unit. One phase on the power supply failed, that would be the reason for the no picture. You can have the power supply board repair or replace. I understand that this part is VERY hard to find. Everywhere I have contacted, they do not have any in stock and cannot get stock. Your best bet is to have it repair. To have it repaired, click on the below link http://www.power-supply-repair.com/ If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me asap. Thanks, Mike

Posted on Nov 01, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 35 Answers

Hi
Ebay is selling cheaper price power supply:

SCOTT LCT37SHA POWER SUPPLY BOARD MLT386X

Posted on Jan 17, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I turned tv off with then surge protector strip now i get no power to tv no red light no turn on...just dead as a doornail


That is known to sometimes happen...and if it is any consideration it is known to happen accross the board, not just with Scott LCT37SHA :-)

Try a different outlet for a starter, then consdier using this:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/785/scott-lct37sha-power-supply-board-repair-serivce-for-totally-dead-not-powering-on-or-shutting-down-tv

Nov 17, 2012 | Scott LCT37SHA TV

1 Answer

I have a Scott flat screen tv model# LCT39SHA It comes on then after few seconds or up to 10 minutes it shuts off.


There are two things you can do: open the TV and examing the power supply board for visually bulged capacitors and replace them yourself.

Or bring or send a board for service to someone who would do it for you, for example

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/785/scott-lct37sha-power-supply-board-repair-serivce-for-totally-dead-not-powering-on-or-shutting-down-tv

There is also a third option, which is to just get a replcement power supply board. It's not necessarily bad one, but if it is an old and used board that has NOT been serviced and capacitors that tend to go bad replaced, then it will likely do the same in near future.

Aug 20, 2012 | Scott LCT37SHA TV

1 Answer

My Scott TV #LCT37SHA


Leaving it on overnight is not a problem. 99% chance you have a bad power supply board, 1% it is the main board.

See the following listing for repairing the power supply:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/785/scott-lct37sha-power-supply-board-repair-serivce-for-totally-dead-not-powering-on-or-shutting-down-tv

Jan 29, 2012 | Scott LCT37SHA TV

1 Answer

My Scott LCT37SHA TV will not turn on. I am


IF THE TV NO TURN ON THE FRONT LED IN RED CHANGE ALL 470 MF& 1000MF CAP IN POWER SUPPLY, FUSE AND VARISTOR DOWN THE BOARD. IF THE FRONT LED TURN ON IN RED ONLY CHANGE THE CAPACITORS.

Apr 04, 2010 | Scott LCT37SHA TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Akai LCT3201AD 32 in. LCD Television Logo

2,955 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Akai Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

69878 Answers

Dave Naylor
Dave Naylor

Level 3 Expert

834 Answers

Radames Pagan
Radames Pagan

Level 3 Expert

196 Answers

Are you an Akai Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...