Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Need interior diagram of HP Photosmart C7280 in order to put it back together
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hp photosmart c7280 won't work
If the color or photo paper is loaded in the input tray when the printer aligns, the calibration might fail.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
Load unused plain white letter or A4 paper into the input tray.
Press the OK button on the control panel.
An incorrect type of paper is loaded in the input tray
Posted on May 30, 2008
Follow the steps carefully from the front panel of the All-in-One.
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps given below.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Now Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Now the Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11.Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12.To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
on step 2 press and hold the '#' and '6' button and plug in the power cable.
Posted on May 13, 2010
Try holding down the ok -- cancel -- black -- color buttons with 4 fingers while at the same time powering the unit off. Keep them held down till it is off. Then turn it back on normally & it should try to do "Maintenance" & you hear a whirling noise --- that is the ink pump spinning to try & pump in ink to the print head.
Here are the details. Got the Ink System Failure message. The error code shows was '0xc18a0005'. The tech had me press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both. Then he had me enter '123' to enter maintenance mode. He then had me press the right arrow (beside the OK button) until System Config. menu appeared on panel. Then pressed OK two times to clear the error condition, then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu. Then powered off and back on, printed a test page just fine, copied a document fine.
Posted on Jul 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2013 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Aug 16, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
1. unplugged the power cord for 20 seconds (actually went a little longer)
2. Held down the # and 6 keys together and then plugged the power cord back in (still holding the keys).
3. held down # and 6 for about 10 more seconds after plugging the power cord back in and didn't get any messages but once and release them It was able to turn the power on.
The printer then printed an alignment page
hope it works, if so do rate the solution
Nov 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Nov 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Aug 21, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Jun 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Feb 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Nov 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Jun 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart Pro B8350 InkJet Printer
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!