Question about Kodak EasyShare C340 Digital Camera
Try NOT connecting your camera to your computer.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo management program such as Picasa ( http://picasa.google.com ).
Posted on Oct 04, 2014
SOURCE: Kodak Z700 not firing up
Guest is right. Clean the contacts, bend the contacts with a small flat head screw driver upwards "GENTLY". This should work. Might have to repeat every couple of months. Forget regular batteries. Use the rechargeable ones. MUST be fully recharged.
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
I had the same problem with my camera & mac. I got this off the Fuji site and it worked for me:
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
i also have this problem when i plug my usb in my laptop..it wont find it so i open kodak easyshare as that is starting to run enter your usb in it should find it straight away and start downloading files
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
What operating system are you using?
If you have xp or vista, you can uninstall the software and transfer the pictures since these operating system has built in drivers.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
If I remember correctly, you needed to install the software and the drivers before connecting the camera by USB cable. It should all have been done with the camera not connected.
If you did it while it was connected, you must try uninstaling the software, and going into Device Manager and finding the specific driver fot that camera and Kodak, and removing that too.
Then restart your PC and start fresh.
Do the Software and Driver installation without the camera being installed or attached.
Once you have done the installation of software and driver, then, following the instructions, you can attach the camera and it should work this time.
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2013 | Samsung WB550 Digital Camera
Sep 17, 2011 | FUJIFILM FinePix Z35 Digital Camera
Mar 23, 2011 | Samsung S860 Digital Camera
Dec 29, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare V803 Digital Camera
Jul 20, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Feb 18, 2010 | Kodak Easyshare M381 Digital Camera
Nov 02, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare M873 Digital Camera
Oct 08, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE M1063 Digital Camera
Dec 24, 2008 | Kodak EasyShare M873 Digital Camera
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!