Question about Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
My motorola V3 got wet as i was texting in the rain :S i thought nothing of it, and put it in my damp pocket, next morning i woke up and the keypad lights up but the screen remains black. ive removed the battery and put it on charge bu t still wen i open up the phone, the keypad lights up. what shall i do?!
Sorry to say this but a wet phone is ruined. You will have to take it to a tech at your phone server. They will either repair it or you will have to get another one. Water and phones do not go together at all. Sux.
Posted on Sep 04, 2006
I fell in the lake (fresh water not ocean) with my Nokia, I took the
battery and chip out IMMEDIATELY then dried the phone it with the
hairdryer multiple times (even after I was sure it was dry). Even at
the risk of overheating the phone. What have you got to lose? I didn't
put the battery back in (don't want to fry the wet circuits) for
another day or so but kept a three hour routine of drying with the
hairdryer. Finally re-installed the battery (and the chip) It's been
working perfectly for a year and a half since! If you dropped your
phone into SALT WATER, that's much worse! Immediately remove the
battery and then submerge it again in warm tap water to try to remove
the salt. Rinse again, then shake it out and try drying it. AGAIN -
What do you have to lose?
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
Went swimming with phone got soaked...took out battery and sim...laid in sun looked ruined...came home charger worked.... powered on after charge but wouldnt stay on you could see water in screen grey and light was dark... keypad wouldnt work ... put on heating pad for night on high heat with battery out ..in the morning ran fingers HARD over keyboard after it powered on because keys still wouldnt work ... they started working as I did it now it works FINE like new ...heat is the answer and patience the heat hastens drying time
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
So my rich friend dropped his Razr Dolche Garbanna edition in some soap water, let it dry and gave it to me. It will turn on but every button opens the ring tone volume control except for the power button. it can get calls but can not answer them unless it is closed when the call comes in. any suggestions on how to fix this?
Posted on Jun 06, 2008
Take out battery ! leave case open set phone on top of a lamp shade wire support with a 50 watt lamp No! larger turn on lamp for 2or 3 hours to dry out the phone . I had to this 2 times it worked for me
Posted on Apr 01, 2007
I dropped my motorola v3 in the bath twice before and just the other day aswell. now it doesnt work. last time it didnt work 4 months so i bought a new phone. i checked it months later and it worked! now i hav 2 leave mine 4 a few weeks, laid out, battery out case open etc and itll be alright. it might take months 2 dry out, but once its completlely dry itll work.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
M8 water and fones dont go together.and drying the fone out could get it to work for a short time and then you will have problems my advice is try these guys they got gr8t tech sapport i know cause i abuse it on a dayly basis.and they very good at fixig waterdamaged fone http://www.mobilephoneservicecentre.co.uk/
Posted on Jun 27, 2007
take out the battery and gently squeeze the phone together, apply some pressure to the back area of the phone under the battery, I applied pressure with my thumbs slowly and moved around the entire battery compartment. I suspect the connector is loose to the display that connects some place behind the battery. It seems to have fixed my phone the display came back full brightness so far!!
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Oct 17, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Sep 08, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Jan 22, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
975 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!