I have not been using my handycam for quite a while.
when i switch on the handycam, there were no picture displayed on the lcd. the screen sayas the battery mins, stby and fn..
what's wrong with the handycam..
need your help...
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: no picture displayed on lcd (blank)
Does your camera playback old recordings fine? and just can't show live view to record? If yes, then camera has problem of bad ccd imager and this part will be replaced. Sony announced free of cost repair scheme for subject problem. DCR-HC20E is PAL system camera so Sony Support UK can be visited for free of cost repair details as your camera model is listed there. If you live in different country, let me know to guide you further. Thank you.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if there is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCD when attempting to record. NOTES:
* Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the viewfinder or LCD status after completing each step. * It may be necessary to refer to the operating instructions provided with the camcorder for information on how to perform a task on your specific model.
1. Ensure the lens cap on the front of the camcorder has been removed. 2. Ensure a fully-charged battery is inserted in the camcorder. 3. Ensure the STANDBY/LOCK switch is set to the STANDBY position. 4. Turn on the camcorder and set it to the CAMERA mode. 5. Look to see if an image can be seen in the viewfinder or LCD. IMPORTANT: Some camcorders have both a viewfinder and LCD. To conserve power, the viewfinder and LCD will not display at the same time. To use the viewfinder, the LCD must be closed. 6. If the issue is not resolved, reset the camcorder to factory specifications. NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing the troubleshooting steps, service may be required .
Inside the door hinge area is a small switch that normally would turn off the viewfinder and turn on the LCD panel. THat switch could be defective or mechanically not being switched. WIthout opening up the unit, I can not tell specifically. This shouldbe a simple repair for any shop that repairs cameras.
In playback mode the lCD displays the battery time, hi8 symbol and the tape counter. all the functions work the tape will play, rewind, fast forward. The screen stays blank on playback and the tape counter stays at 0:00:00 eventhough I can see the tape turning. I also hooke the camera to my tv and I got no picture.
i think i have a solution, still experimentinh on it. i have a drv model of sony handycam. it was showing a blank screen for quite few days. Sony service centre asked for 16,000 rupees to replace major parts.i declined and kept experimenting at home. i played the video and kept accessing the memory stick through lens and lcd screen simultaneously and switch off and on giving time gaps.
day 1- it was still blank.
day 2- ther was flickering when i switched on the cam. but i kept repeating this process of playinf video and turn it off wen it was getting very hot.
day 3- camera started showing images very wide.
day 4- it started capturing images properly. Voila!
but the images were dark and grainy.
this is the current status now. i hope it becums better.
i wish this works for your camcorders too.
All the best!