Question about Uniden TRU8885 Digital Answering Machine
It holds a charge and then when you turn on the power to the handset it reads HS1 CONNECTING then it does nothing and it reads" Register Handset by putting it on the main base"........after 100 attempts to do so and no results and not being able to get thru to Uniden during their buisness hours ...you are my last and only hope of having a phone that works.I'm so frustrated! Can you please help me?
Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it’s workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there’s no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
For a Uniden DCT 646 use the select key rather than the right soft menu button to reset the EEPROM. However, that was not necessary.
To force the phone into registration mode first deregister as described in the manual (Menu>System Reset>Deregister>select handset>Yes)
Next Replace the base (Menu>System Reset>Replacing Base>Yes) The phone will immediately go into registration.
Place on new (or old) base and phone will register.
I was able to transfer phone numbers from phones on one base to phones on another base using this method and the Copy Phone Book option as the phone numbers were not erased when the phone was deregistered.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
One of two head set in not working it says register head set palacing on main base how to register it
MODLE NO DXA15588-2
please help me
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2016 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
on Feb 14, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Dec 11, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone
Sep 11, 2011 | Uniden D1680 Cordless Phone
Sep 10, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
Jul 01, 2011 | Uniden D1680 Cordless Phone
Mar 27, 2011 | Uniden 5.8GHz Cordless Phone
Jul 21, 2010 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Apr 25, 2009 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone ID
Oct 17, 2007 | Uniden TRU8885-3HS Digital Cordless Phone
Mar 17, 2014 | Uniden TRU8885 Digital Answering Machine
9,754 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!