How do i turn off the subtitles on my toshiba 36hf72 tv, without the remote
The subtitles in dubbed videos VCD/DVD the process to follow are :-
The closed caption feature has two options:
• Captions—An on-screen display of the dialogue, narration, and
sound effects of TV programs and videos that are closed
captioned (usually marked as “CC” in TV listings).
• Text—An on-screen display of information not related to the
current program, such as weather or stock data (when provided
by individual stations).
To view captions or text:
1. Tune the TV to the desired program.
2. Press MENU, and then press x or • until the CUSTOM menu
3. Press z or y to highlight CC.
4. Press x or • to highlight the desired closed caption mode, as
• To view captions, highlight C1, C2, C3, or C4 (C1 displays
translation of the primary language in your area).
Note: If the program or video you selected is not closed captioned,
no captions will display on the screen.
• To view text, highlight T1, T2, T3, or T4.
Note: If text is not available in your area, a black rectangle may appear on your screen. If this happens, turn the Closed Caption feature OFF.
To turn off the Closed Caption feature:
Highlight OFF in step 4.
A closed caption signal may not display in the
• when a videotape has been dubbed
• when the signal reception is weak
• when the signal reception is nonstandard
PS: If you do not want to set these function & their commands can be entered via the buttons on the TV set. Using the remote is much easier to operate............ sodeep
Oct 08, 2009 |
Toshiba 36HF72 36" TV