Question about Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort. (Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the light.
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it’ll show Classic Login box. Now type “Administrator” (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from “Control Panel -> User Accounts”.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
1. Reboot your machine.
2. Press F8 before the Windows boot screen appears.
o Do not press F5 as used on the NT/9x series of Windows.
3. You will be be prompted with a boot options menu.
4. Select the Start Windows in Safe Mode option.
5. Click through several self-explanatory screens until your reach the familiar 'Welcome' screen.
6. Note that this welcome screen is limited to 256 colors and 640x480 resolution because the primary graphics will have been set to the Windows Safe Mode software VGA adapter. You will not be able to change this mode even in Display options, while Windows is running in Safe Mode.
7. Find the icon for the Administrator user. If the default settings of your system haven't been changed, there should be no password for this account.
o The Safe Mode Welcome screen might display some of the other users on your system.
8. Login as the admin.
9. Press Yes at the prompt asking if you would like to continue using Safe Mode.
10. Continue on to the User Settings control panel. Here you can change any of the other passwords for user on the machine. Make any changes you want.
11. Reboot your computer. As long as you don't press any keys (i.e. F8) during the boot-up the computer will startup normally.
12. Login as the user for which you set the password.
Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten password by using “Reset Disk”. If you created a Password Reset Disk in past, you can use that disk to reset the password. To know more about it, please visit following links:
Comparatively, using windows password Recovery Tool utility is a reliable and convenient method for solving the password problem. Normally, the program can easily reset the password to “Blank” with no -reformatting or installation. Do all the job for you automatically. Unfortunately, it is not safe to use some free recovery tool to recover windows password. So here is the recommend recovery tool：windows password Recovery Tool 3.0 .
Offical site: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com
you could see the recommendation of articlesbase.
If it doesn't work above ,I hope that you have some hacker friends.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
You can get a Password Reset disc download and burn to CD. Copy/paste the address below, into your address bar of your browser.
Download this file and burn it to CD. Put into drive and turn on PC, and boot from the CD. Follow instructions, choose the correct USER. & BLANK the password. make sure you say OK to write the data, and reboot. The logon password will now be reset blank.
Posted on Mar 08, 2010
Hi assuming it's Windows Vista you have to download Hiren's Boot DVD and boot from it. Under Password & Recovery you will find several programs to remove the password for the Administrator or any other user. I hope this helps. Don't forget to rate my answer. Thank you :D
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
i have another laptop that is saying this computer system #5zp7yj1-595b is protected by a password authentication system.you can not access the data without the correct password can u help please as i dont know the password
Posted on Mar 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2016 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2014 | Dell Studio Xps 9100 Desktop Computer
Jul 29, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2012 | Dell Dimension E310 PC Desktop
Oct 07, 2012 | Dell Latitude D430 Notebook
Aug 30, 2012 | Dell Studio 1535 Notebook
Apr 25, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1526 Laptop
Jun 27, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop
Sep 04, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Feb 13, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!