Question about Shuttle sn Computers & Internet
Motherboard light is on, doesn't complete power on cycle. Monitor flashes the dell screen and then only fans run. Power light is amber
Power off 1st..then open ur cpu ..check ur ram ...and clean it....or mother board is not work replace near hardware shop....or check ur bios bettery or change it
Posted on Feb 19, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
FIRST IF YOU REPLACED THE POWER SUPPLY OF YOUR DELL PC,
MAKE SURE IS A RECOMMEND POWER SUPPLY FOR DELL COMPUTERS ONLY
BECAUSE DELL USE A DIFFERENT (NONSTARD) PS
AN PLEASE DON'T TURN YOUR PC ON, TILE YOU ARE SURE I'TS A DELL COMPATIBLE POWER SUPPLY
YOU CAN FRY YOUR COMPUTER
ON THE MOTHERBOARD I'T MAY BE THE BIOS (BIOS STANDS FOR INPUT /OUTPUT SYSTEM) I'T A CHIP ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD THAT CONTROLS THE SYSTEM HARDWARE AND ACTS AS AN INTERFACE BETWEEN THE OPERATING SYSTEM AND THE HARDWARE
I'T MAY BE FLASH
IF IS FLASH ,
YOU PROBABLY NEED TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD
OR CALL DELL TO SEE IF THEY CAN FIX IT
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
SOURCE: motherboard change
check on system lights... what are the diagnostic lights telling you??
if the 4 lights are off you may have a problem with the led itself or the powersupply is just messing with your head.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
1. Remove All External Devices
2. Check the Computer's Power LED
3. If the power LED has not changed unplug the Power Cable From the Computer Disconnect All Hard Drive Power and Data Cables and power on the computer. If still no go.
4. Remove All PCI, PCI-E, and AGP Expansion Cards .
5. Remove All Memory From the Computer
6. Reseat the ATX and 12-Volt Connections . The ATX connector will be a 4 pin square connector connecting to the motherboard from the power supply and the 12-Volt Connection would be the biggest connector with a lot of colored wires.
7. If still no go.
8. Disconnect the Power Connection to the Chassis Fan
9. If the light still flashes then it could be a power supply or motherboard failure. Try a good know power supply first and if that does not fix the problem it is the motherboard. Also check the back of the tower for 4 lights lables ABCD or 1234.
Rate if useful.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Blinking amber ... seems like an isuue with the power supply .. check if you see the power supply fan spinning at the back of the system tower... If its spinning then you could try reseating the memory modules inside the system tower . Opem the tower and then disconnect the green colour ruler shapped modules which has a latch on either sides. then try turning in the system ... check if turns on properly.
Hope its informative.
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you - computer works with another power supply. You got it, Master!"
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2011 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Mar 04, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Dec 16, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8300 PC Desktop
Aug 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2008 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
550 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: