Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Placing a TFM-18 water filter membrane into the casing

I have a 5- stage Reverse Osmosis system and am concerned about the large filter, which is the membrane. I have the membrane to place into the casing but am not sure which end goes in first. Can you help me with this issue?
Rich A.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

The end with the two small black "O" rings will slide in first.

Posted on Dec 04, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I bought my home in 6/09, there is a omnifilter wholehouse water filter u25 installed, in the basement. On the top of the product it says bypass. My question is What does this filter do exactly and what...

Inside the housing is a replaceable filter cartridge. Filters used for this type whole house filter housing come in micron ratings from 5 micron - 50 micron. The smaller micron the finer it filters (that is not always good because it can significantly reduce flow rate and pressure in home). 30-50 micron filters are the most common used. The filter should be changed every 3 months minimum and sanitized with a a cap full bleach when reinstalling filter. Omni filter housings are notorious for the bypass leaking when turned and the bypass freezing up to where it won't turn. There are no manuals for this.
You can find filters at most any hardware store or water treatment company.

Aug 23, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Noisy water pipe

it is called hydraulic hammer nd meant that you have very good pressure in your lanes, if it start suddenly, this meant that your air chamber lost it's air, in that case simplest solution will be as follows:

1. close the mains,
2. open all taps (fawcets) and drain all water from the system,
3. close all taps (fawcets)
4. open mains and check if hammer is still present.

if hammer is still present, that meant you need to clean your airchamber, you need to find where it is lockated, follow steps 1 and 2, open airchamber, check if any debris inside and clean, re-seal the chamber, then follow steps 3 and 4.

if hammer was always, this meant that you do not even have airchamber. you can install one easy for yourself, just purchase one, and best place for it is on the end of the line, somehere close to most offending faucet.

if you find this advice helpfu, please do not hesitate leave your remark and give me your vote, thanx!

Jul 31, 2010 | American Standard Plumbing

1 Answer

Low-level Cistern - leaking from syphon back nut.

Assuming the seal washer is inside the cistern and there are no cracks in the cistern itself you could apply a silicon sealant to the seal washer inside the cistern.

Apr 04, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Repair RO faucet -- it drips Watts brand

It is possiable, taking off the handel and the handel body should reveile a washer ,that you can try replacing.

Feb 01, 2010 | Dmm Designer Water Filter Reverse Osmosis...

1 Answer

HI Dear water from dishwasher is leaking from

there is a cloged line between the air gap and the disposal (if you have one) or the drain under the sink.
you will need to remove the pipe and flush out with water. this is usually a rubber hose. most of the time, the clog is at the disposal where the rubber hose connects.
you should be able to see the clog once you remove the rubber hose. clean this out ( I use popsickle sticks) once cleaned out, reinstall the hose and try your dishwasher.

Oct 22, 2009 | Mountain Plumbing AG600S Air Gap for...

1 Answer

Problem removing old flapper unit from Mansfield tank

Disconnect the water supply first. Then use a large channel lock and remove the large plastic nut on the botton side of the supply system. Take the old one out and replace it just use caution when retightening the nut. The porcelon is very delicate. Check for leaks after you have turned the water back on and if you have to carefully tighten it some more. I hope this was helpful Have a good week end! : )

May 09, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Problems with reverse osmosis water treatment system Treatment systems for household water supplies gives a great description for reverse osmosis systems. I am not familiar with the Maruyama system since I live in the states. After reading the above article you might want to test your water. Your system may be operating properly? To me it soulds like you have a water softner and flushed the salt out, and now you have the proper pellets? If your water is not very hard you shouldn't use too much salt. Building supply stores sell cheap water test kits. Try that, and if your water tests ok, and doesn't smell, and lathers up with soap sounds like everthing is working ok. Hope I helped

Apr 24, 2009 | Mountain Plumbing AG600S Air Gap for...

1 Answer

I am getting slimy film floatys in water from my reverse osmosis system. I just changed the sediment and activated carbon filters.

When you replaced the cartridge did you by chance clean out the unit before putting in the new one? If not, then this is where it is coming from. I would suggest that you take it apart again and make sure that it is clean inside. This slime build up in the filter is completely normal and may also indicate you waited a little too long to replace. It also depends on the type of water you have as well.

Apr 10, 2009 | Dmm Designer Water Filter Reverse Osmosis...

2 Answers

Low water pressure- have a home water well

There is usually a metal filter at the wellpoint on the bottom of your drop-tube, but I don't think that is the problem if you are not getting particles in your water. This is easy to check for just by putting water in a glass and looking for little specks.

I would be more inclined to look for holes in the drop-tube where AIR is getting into the system, thus reducing the suction of the pump.

If you are using a "bladder tank" to maintain pressure, it could be that the "off" setting is too low. You want that to be in the 50-60 psi area. "ON" should be about 40 psi.

Anyway, I think an air leak is the more likely problem, but to find out for sure, you almost have to pull the drop-tube, which might be very long. That would best be left to a well service company.

Good luck!

Oct 10, 2008 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

107 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

645 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13819 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

26373 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides