Question about Dell Computers & Internet
Well, the easiest it to use your Dell system restore disk and just reinstall everything. That's sort of radical, though. It depends on what your problem is. Most problems can be solved by doing a system restore or addressing the problem directly.
Posted on Feb 17, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Restore factory settings.
Here is the Dell tech support article for PC Restore to re-image the system to the factory settings.
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
The only other way to run the Dell System Restore is in Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
This method can work if you have created Restore Points, or you can use the automatic System Checkpoints. Any dates that the system is capable of restoring to will be in bold on the calendar display after selecting "Restore my computer to an earlier time."
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
1. Restart the computer.
2. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
3. Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
9. Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2015 | Dell Inspiron 531s Desktop Computer
May 06, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Apr 18, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Feb 19, 2012 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Sep 15, 2010 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Aug 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Nov 04, 2008 | Dell Dimension C521 PC Desktop
Oct 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2007 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!