Network printer support how do I connect 2251N printer to wired network I have samsung printer 2251N and wireless network. Can I plug printer into modem and use wireless laptop to print documents?
Setting Up a Network Printer
In order to install a network printer, you must know your printer's Manufacturer, Model Name, and IP Address.
The Manufacturer and Model Name can be found on the printer case, an example is HP LaserJet 4000N. The IP Address can be found on a label attached to the printer. An example of the IP Address is 141.161.888.999. If your printer does not have a label indicating the IP Address, or you can't identify what model it is, please call your printer manufacturer.
Setting Up a Network Printer
1. Click on the Start button, then click Control Panel, then click Printers and Faxes, then click Add Printer.
2. A new Add Printer Wizard window opens. Click Next to start.
3. Select Local printer attached to this computer. Make sure Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer is NOT checked.
4. Then click Next to continue.
5. We will create a new port for your network printer. Select Create a new port.
6. Beside Type of Port, click on the down arrow, then click on Standard TCP/IP Port.
7. Click Next to continue.
8. A new Add Printer Port Wizard will open. Click Next to continue.
9. You must now type your printer's IP Address in the Printer Name or IP Address field.
10. The Port Name will automatically be filled when you enter the IP Address. Do not change the Port Name.
11. Click Next to continue.
12. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, then you will see the screen on the right. This means that the IP Address for the printer is NOT available on the network. Select the Back button and make sure you entered the correct IP Address. Check to see that your network printer is powered on and displays a 'ready' status.
13. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE PROBLEMS, Windows XP will scan the network to find your printer's IP Address. This may take a few seconds. Select Finish to continue.
14. You must now select the printer's manufacturer and model. Windows XP will automatically select the detected manufacturer and printer driver. Normally, you will not have to change this selection.
15. OPTIONAL: If your printer is listed but you have more than one printer model to choose from, please select the model with PS, if available.
16. IF your network printer is NOT automatically detected, select the Windows Update button to find the proper software drivers.
Note: If your printer is not automatically recognized using Windows Update, please call your Help Desk.
17. You will be prompted to confirm the selected printer driver. Make sure Keep existing driver is selected, then click Next to continue.
18. You will be prompted to assign the printer a Name. You can use the default name, or add more info to indicate the printer location, such as My Office, Hallway, Foyer, Room 222, etc.
19. Select Yes if you want to use the printer as the default printer. Click Next to continue.
20. You will be prompted to share the network printer. Do NOT share the network printer.
21. Click Next to continue.
22. You will be prompted to print a test page. Select Yes, then click Next.
23. Check your network printer to make sure your page printed. Select Yes when prompted to confirm a successful test page.
24. Click on the Finish button to complete the Add Printer Wizard.
Congratulations! If your test page printed, you have successfully installed the network printer.
Note: If you had problems and did not get a test page, please call your printer manufacturer.
Mar 30, 2009 |
Samsung ML-2510 Laser Printer