Question about Cycling

Open Question

Bought a eleven81 weekender sport floor pump and can't figure out how to change from schrader to presta.

Posted by Anonymous on


5 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 10 Answers

SOURCE: How do I switch Schrader

If your pump only has one hole for the valve either one should fit in. If it has two than the Presta fits in the smaller one. Hope that helps.

Posted on Oct 07, 2010

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: My Blackburn air tower 3

I had the same problem, Blackburn knows about the defect. All you have to do is call their 800 number and if everything goes as it did for me, just tell them your name/address and they say they'll send a replacement head. We'll see if it gets here in the next 7-12 business days.
btw, the new replacement head isn't the same dual one that you and I have, it is a new one with only one insert that can apparently fit both dunlop (car tire) and presta (skinny bike tire).

Posted on Nov 10, 2010

  • 8546 Answers

SOURCE: Just bought a Topeak mini masterblaster and cannot

Change the internal parts of the head to adapt to the valve type you're using.

See solution 2

Posted on Jan 23, 2011

  • 8546 Answers

SOURCE: how do i adjust the head on the floor pump for use

Posted on Aug 09, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My innertube leaks air and i am no familiar with the air intake device on it

There are two kinds of valve on bicycle tubes, Presta and Schrader. You are probably more familiar with Schrader because this is the type used on cars and most bikes. And I am guessing that you have Presta on this bike (Presta is skinnier than Schrader, and it has a little nut that you unscrew, where Schrader has a spring inside it. Google images for "Presta Schrader" and you will see both kinds, and you will also see a little screw-on adaptor that you can use on a Presta to make it fit your pump or air-hose like a Schrader. You can buy these adapters on-line or at any bike store. Good luck!

Oct 03, 2012 | Fuji Bicycles Cross Comp

1 Answer

I am trying to figure out how to put air in a presta valve. The tire is just a little flat but we couldn't seem to fill it at the gas station. I think the bike may have been used when we bought it.

You can not fill a presta valve at a gas station because the valve is too small for the hose. The hose at a gas station is made to fit a schrader valve.

here just check out this video:

hope this helps.

Sep 23, 2011 | Bell Sports Bell Universal Bicycle Inner...

1 Answer

Which side do I use for a presta valve? How do I close it; yellow lever at a right angle or parallel?

The Side for a presta valve doesn't have what appears to be a pin inside. The schrader side has the pin. Just try putting it on a valve and pumping. If there isn't an air tight fit it means you need to move the leaver to the other position.

Jul 14, 2011 | Topeak Joe Blow Sport Pump

1 Answer

My rear tire won't inflate. My Columbia Trailhead Sport was bought for me as a gift about 5 years ago, and I rode it for about a year, then moved and kept it in the basement. I brought it back out to...

Nothing is wrong, it's just a different kind of valve called a presta valve instead of the more common schrader valve. Just stop by the bike shop and ask them to pump it up for you or if you want, to adapt the rim to fit a schrader valve. If you do that have them put in the new inner tube.

Jul 14, 2011 | Columbia Sportswear Columbia Trailhead...

1 Answer

Hi there i boufht this pump and have found that i have two different valves on my bike one is a normal one and one is a schraieder, how do i chnage the pump attachment so i can pump up the schraieder one?

You can buy an inexpensive adapter to fit on either valve stem to convert it from Presta to Schrader or from Schrader to Presta - whichever is better suited to your pump and/or your other bikes. If you want to go with Schrader as your standard (the fatter one) you can replace the tube on your wheel that has the Presta valve - but you have to enlarge the hole in the rim. If you do that be sure to make the edge of the enlarged hole nice and smooth with sandpaper. If you want to standardize on Presta, you will need a small bushing to make the existing hole in the rim smaller. I hope you found this helpful. Good luck, Al K

Jun 21, 2011 | Topeak Mini Master Blaster

1 Answer

How do you inflate this tube with the presta valve?

The following link is a good explanation of inflating a presta valved tube if you have a pump with a presta valve head.

If you have an older pump that does not have a presta valve head, you can purchase a schrader valve adapter from your local bike shop that screws onto the presta valve and will allow you to utilize a pump with a schrader head.
A good explanation can be found here:

Feb 18, 2011 | Cycling

1 Answer

How do you fill the tires on this bike. The valve stems are not typical bike tire stems. I am (obviously) a novice biker and have not owned a bike in several years. The pump I bought is a Schwinn pump...

There are two types of valve stems, schrader ( like the valve stems on your car ) and presta. See images on this page Since you are asking I assume you have presta valves. You can get an adapter to convert the presta valves for use with a schrader pump. Unscrew the small knurled nut on top of the presta valve to open it, press down and release the small top to ensure the valve is free to move. Snug up the top when it is full.

Dec 23, 2010 | Schwinn Midmoor 700c Men's Hybrid Bicycle

1 Answer

Can't get this pump to work on either schrader or presta valves! Help!

Its probably the fact that there are two separate holes for presta anad schrader, if so put your finger over the one you want to use and give small pump to vent it then attach, if not then you have to screw off the cover and invert the inner rubber core for presta or schrader, can you give me more details or pic...

Mar 26, 2010 | Cycling

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cycling Logo

Related Topics:

370 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cycling Experts

Michial Gueffroy

Level 3 Expert

1138 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

John Egan
John Egan

Level 2 Expert

73 Answers

Are you a Cycling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides