Question about Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
It gave me maintenace machine error 4f
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Machine Error 46
Hi Error 46.Resetting purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
With some Brother printers you can try this.
Access the internal maintenance mode by pressing the Menu/Set button, then press * 2 8 6 4 within 2 seconds. This should put you in the maintenance mode menu. Enter 80, and then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is over 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.
This will reset the purge count value. Then the printer will restart, hopefully without the annoying cannot clean message.
Some times this happens because of using cheap compatible ink cartridges if this is the case change the ink cartridges.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2014 | Brother MFC-J410W Wireless Compact...
Mar 14, 2014 | Brother MFC-J615W Compact Wireless Inkjet...
Feb 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 18, 2010 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
May 15, 2009 | Brother MFC-215C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-425CN Multi-Function Center...
Mar 28, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center® MFC-215C...
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!