1) Be careful before you Call Whirlpool 1-877-817-6750.
Be careful what you report so not to void warranty because installation protocol was not followed. Whirlpool will cover gas control valve, and possibly the installation of valve which takes about 15 minutes and does not require emptying water heater.
************So make sure you report installation that is consistent with installation shown in manual.
2) Whirlpool will also answer this same question later today with invitation to contact them.
3) Copy following link to identify gas control valve, and download service manual:http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-troubleshoot-gas-water-heater.html#intellivent
4) If dirt or debris gets into gas control valve, it will cause it not to work. Such as broken gas line. Debris can enter gas line.
Or if too much pipe dope was used on gas connection, or stray teflon tape got into line and then into valve, or end of pipe got dirty during installation, and then dirt got into gas control.
Take off gas line and use vacuum cleaner to see if something can be removed by suction. Clean up the joints.
5) It appears you have ordinary Honeywell gas control valve on atmospheric vented water heater with 9 year parts-labor warranty..
Unknown error code, so it is hard to look up solution in service manual.
Add a comment if you want expert to look up error code in service manual.