An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: how do I clear carrier jam on lexmark p6250
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover. 2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.) 3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.) 4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring. 5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6. If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service. 6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot. 7. Turn the printer off. 8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers. 9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. open the front cover of the printer 2. wait for the cartridge carrier to be in the center.. 3. remove the mono and color cartridge or printhead 4. clean the gold connectors or circuit on the printhead next: power off the printer while the front cover is open . 5. then clean the printer cartridges carrier circuit ..especially those gold connectors....and reinstall the printhead or cartidges.. 6. close the front cover and power up the printer..
Clear the print buffer, unplug the printer, remove everything that could be jamming the printer, CHECK carefully, then plug the printer back on and see if it has cleared. You may have to restrt the computer to reset the print buffer. Hope it helps.
The 2200 error message on the Lexmark P6250 All-In-One Ink Jet Printer indicates a scanner stall or jam. Please refer to this link - http://bit.ly/aAy3bU for the steps that will help you resolve the issue and clear the message. If the error is still the same I would strongly suggest that you contact Lexmark Technical Support.Thanks.
What seems to be happennig is the home position sensor has an error.
Look at the back of the cartridge folder and you should see a piece of mylar.It may be missing or it has ink or grease on it.
if it is grease take a isopropry pad and wipe it down very carefully.
If not look for a piece of clear mylar appr.11 inches long by 5/16 in. and re-attach
Is it a clear plastric strip with little black lines through it?
If so that is your encoder strip, it is how the printer knows where the head is. If it's broken it needs to be replaced. If it just came out of it's holder you may be able to put it back into place. Sounds like it snapped, not good.