a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 5 buttons on the phone. A center button and two to the right and two to the left. Press and hold the hang up button, the bottom right button, for a few seconds until it comes on. If that does not work then the battery needs to be charged. When it is connect to the charger it will display a battery icon on the screen filling with green blocks to indicate it is charging. If you do not see this try holding down the start/hang up button as discribed above. If you still do not see the charging icon on the screen then remove the battery, make sure the connection on the battery and phone are clean and not bent. Then put the battery back in and connect to the charger. It gets reset when the battery is removed and should now work. If it still does not charge then you have a bad phone.
Mode for Philips' GoGear Open
the Philips Device Manager (Start à
All Programs à Philips Digital
Audio Player à SAXXX à Philips Device Manager) and
click on the “Repair” tab.Then click on
the “Repair” button to start the repair process.Most of the time, when your player is in that
state, the Device Manager will not recognize that your GoGear is plugged
in.If this is the case: Disconnect the
player from the PC, and make sure the mp3 player is turned off. Hold in the
volume + button on the mp3 player, and reconnect the player to your pc while
holding in the volume + button. Continue holding the volume + for 10-15 seconds
until a "Found New Hardware Wizard" pops up. It should recover your
device if there isn't anything internally wrong with the player. Warning: this
procedure will result in your songs being erased off the player, so they will
have to be reloaded. -Tha Mp3 Doctor
WARNING: this process will erase all songs off the GoGear. Disconnect the GoGear from computer. Turn the GoGear off. Hold in the volume + button. Reconnect the GoGear while holding in the volume + button. Continue holding the volume + button. After 5-50 seconds, Windows will pop-up a "Found New Hardware Wizard." - complete the wizard (BTW, you can take your hand ff the volume + button now). Good To Go (Gear)! -Tha Mp3 Doctor
1) Make sure the usb charger is in the lock position before trying to charge.
2) Open Philips Device Manager and try repairing the device. [connect your GoGear to the computer, open Philips Device Manager (Start-->All Programs-->Philips), and click on the repair tab. Now, disconnect your GoGear from computer. Turn the GoGear off if it is not already. Press and hold the volume + key and connect the GoGear to the computer (while still pressing the volume +). A window will pop up saying a repair is being performed. now you can let go of the Volume + button. The repair will get your device working normally again. WARNING: the repair process will delete any music/other media file from your GoGear.]
3) after repair, perform a firmware upgrade ("Update" tab in Philips Device Mgr while GoGear is connected to computer - see Philips website for more details)
Worst case scenario - Even rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charging cycles. The battery for the SA178 is an LI-Polymer 300mAh 12-hr battery. Philips won't fix it for you, but you might want to find a local repair service.
The same thing happened to me. I contacted Philips and they sent me this solution, which worked for me.
My GoGear has no power/no display even connected to the power supply with the AC adapter. What should I do?
Do a soft reset by pressing and holding the Power On/OFF button and the volume + key for a couple of seconds.
Then connect your GoGear to a power outlet with the AC Adapter to charge the player again for around 30 minutes.
Try turning the unit back on and see if the display appears.
If the display is able to come on again, keep the player connected for another 3-4 hours until it is fully charged before use, else contact our Customer Care Center for assistance.